Grasp (Calum)

*Sad Calum Hood*

Listen to the song on the side whilst reading:)

He held your hand as you walked along the pier. His fingertips lightly brushing against your knuckles.

You had just enjoyed your first date with Calum, a simple trip to the beach. He had made you laugh throughout the night. However, he had now gone quiet, laughter ceasing at his lips. You turned to see a frown cross his face.

‘Cal?’ You questioned, ‘Are you alright? Is something wrong?’

‘No, Y/N. Nothing just-nothing.’ Cal sighed.

‘Calum. Come on. You can tell me.’ You appealed.

‘Uh. Well. I guess I’m nervous, that’s all. I really like you. I’m scared that I’m going to fuck this up somehow.’ He confessed, his eyes darting anywhere but you.

Your shoulders sagged forward and you released your hand from his, only to place it tenderly under his chin.

‘Nothing you could do could mess this up now, Cal. I’m in too deep. There’s no way you’re getting rid of me now.’ You smiled, genuinely meaning every word you said.

A look of relief flickered across his face, his features all relaxed at once. A light smiled graced his lips as he exhaled out,

‘That’s good then; because I have no intention of getting rid of you.’

Your hands resumed their earlier positions; his larger hand encircling your much smaller one.

~~

He held you hand as you stumbled across the street. His other hand had been tightly wrapped around your waist, giving you much need support.

‘Thankss, Cal-Cal.’ You slurred out.

The large amount of alcohol you had consumed that night had seeped into your veins and had numbed your senses.

‘It’s okay, Y/N. You mess.’ Calum chuckled. He had walked to the club to pick you up, to look after your muddled state.

‘Sorry.’ You admitted. Through your hazy mind you felt guilty, you hadn’t meant to get this bad. You didn’t want to have to rely on Calum.

‘Don’t be stupid Y/N, you have nothing to be sorry for. I’m here to look after you. I mean, what else are boyfriends for, huh?’ He insisted, a slight smile playing on his face.

You grinned and looked down, focusing on keeping your balance. Calum’s hand was soft and warm against your own. It was guiding you home.

~~

He held your hand as you cried. His whispered apologies filled the air.

‘Y/N, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean any of that. I love you.’

You continued to sob as he pulled you closer.

‘Y/N? Please. Talk to me? I need to hear you voice. I need to know that we’re okay.’ Calum pleaded, his voice cracking, seeping with emotion.

When you failed to reply, he continued,

‘I need you, Y/N. I need you baby, to warm my lonely nights. You can’t leave now, you’d take a part of me with you. Please.’ He chocked out.

Your tears continued to fall and his breath hitched. You stared into his sad, brown eyes and you forgave him.

‘It’s okay.’ You whispered.

His body sagged with relief and his hand tightened around yours as his wrapped his other arm around your frame.

‘Thank you.’