4

ʟᴏᴄᴀʟ ɴᴜɴ ɴᴏᴡ ᴋɪᴄᴋꜱ ᴀꜱꜱ, ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ʜᴏᴡ!

All in all, it wasn't exactly a hasty decision

All in all, it wasn't exactly a hasty decision. A good percentage of it was driven by curiosity, sure. However, Diluc did wish to figure you out. More for his own repose than anything else, and certainly not because of some strange, inexplicable interest in you.

Or maybe he just took pity on you (this is one of your guesses), a traveler without a place, no money, and barely any resources. Not to mention your clothing. It wasn't like anything he had seen in his travels across the world, but then again, maybe he was just uncreative in the stream of fashion.

Whatever it might be, you weren't thinking too hard about his decisions. Diluc was jaded, but he wasn't a bad man or evil, per se.

You were aware of the beings you should be wary of in this new world and Diluc just wasn't one of them... maybe it was just your fondness for him, but you knew he wouldn't wish harm on you.

Unless you try to pull off stunts as you did before... yikes... you'd have to be cautious enough to not spill the beans... too much, at least.

You didn't have to wait long for Diluc to finish up because Charles arrived soon after you did and seamlessly took over the shift. There might have been some protests about the man himself leaving early, but the patrons were drunk enough to not notice the change of personnel behind the bar.

The rest of the walk back to the winery was uneventful, and you had no qualms about it.

Night breeze accompanied by the silvery moonlight painted over the vastness of the prairie, the scenery was probably beyond anything your 4k UHD screen could show you.

The occasional tussle of hair to the brilliance of the stars twinkling above you as you watched them.

Yeah, tech advancement couldn't simulate this just yet.

And it was a pity that actual sites and sceneries like these were becoming increasingly rare in your world.

"So, where are you from?"

You knew he would inquire, eventually. What you hadn't thought of was what you'd say to him in return.

Briefly, you wondered how he would react if you unfurled everything. How he would react to being a character in some story. To live through his life as he did and then have it all be presented like some fantasy. Would he be angry? Appalled? Or would he simply stare at you blankly, a little incredulously perhaps?

To be honest, you weren't sure of what your course of action would be.

How you would even admit all this to him, you couldn't just blatantly say anything and expect him to believe it. Diluc was a rational man; he would demand proof of your claims, and then what? Proceed with a dramatic retelling of his life?