5

ʙᴀᴄᴋɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ? ꜱᴜʀᴇ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ

To him, you had struck out like a sore thumb, walking away from the commotion as everyone flocked towards it, like a moth to a flame

To him, you had struck out like a sore thumb, walking away from the commotion as everyone flocked towards it, like a moth to a flame. The more he stood still and observed, the further you were moving and with no intention of turning back.

Odd,

He tore his gaze from your departing figure and focused on the situation at hand. Deaconess Barbara in a trance and the remainder of the knights in a concoction of awe and confusion.

Sigh

Your peculiarity would just have to wait its turn. A pity really, but oh well, duty calls.

And thus the cavalry captain started to make his way toward the group at last. His strides quite and leisurely as he sewed together the facts with the situation. Coming up with accounts of his own.

No matter how dubious they seemed.

With the docks still crowded, it was apparent that everyone was still processing what had transpired. The conclusions varied from skeptical to daunting. And Barbara of course, who herself seemed dazed, but quickly busied herself by checking Arthur for any injuries. The buzzing of hydro elemental energy was prevalent still, as she tried to focus on the kid in front of her.

It was Kaeya's apparent emergence that caused the Knights to come back to their senses and address him.

"Sir, we were informed of slimes suddenly appearing on the docks, but as soon we arrived..."

"Disposed of by deaconess Barbara, I am aware."

Mondstadt's deaconess, the one who took out a horde of slimes by herself.

The prospect leaves or much rather brings up a weird palatability, that is not to say that he's unwilling to believe or be completely dismissive about it. No, no, not at all. This was simply one of those things that would make you turn your head a little, where the face would scrunch up a little, but then it would relax as you would nod along while the fact settled in.

Not impossible, but just highly unlikely.

Well sure, maybe it was just a handful of slimes, but the inference still stands.

It just wasn't in Barbara's nature to be bellicose.

Backed by her lack of offensive conditioning, it was almost as if Barbara could not (debatable, according to him) and would not (more likely) fight off a herd of slimes.

Without any extrinsic factors in consideration, of course.

"I suppose the knights can learn a thing or two from the Church, no?"

But regardless of the why and hows, something that was certain was the fact that slimes should not have been so close to the city in the first place.