7

ᴡᴇɪʀᴅ ᴇʏᴇᴘᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴀɴ, ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏ ɪᴅᴇᴀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴍᴇ.

You were killing it today, or perhaps the universe was smiling up upon you in its own way

But all blessings came at their own costs and in this case, it seemed to be Diluc's patience (which you could already see was wearing thin)

Speaking of the man, any sort of friendly-ish aura he possessed now vanished into thin air, rendering him back into his default state. His demeanor, which almost seemed relaxed, was once again turned standoffish at Kaeya 's sudden interjection into your conversation.

"I mean seriously, grape juice? You could at least try to be creative while entertaining such questions."

"Grape juice is very much to my preference and refined. Not that you'd understand anything about having a refined taste. "

"Of course... How could I ever compare, much less with the winery master?"

Diluc made no further comments and instead turned towards the concoction in hand. Stirring it had provided the desired effect, it seemed. The clear liquid was now showing a faint tint. You, of course, watched it with fascination and eyed it for a while. Diluc, on the other hand, didn't show much of a reaction towards it and his indifference told you that it was the effect he was going for after all.

"Besides, I'm more than happy to indulge myself with wines rather than those 'refined tastes' of yours."

Diluc just glared hard in response. Anyone else would sweat cold under his gaze, but not the Cavalry Captain, it seemed.

"Isn't wine just aged grape juice?"

Pair (s) of eyes, turn towards to meet yours.

"Like just grape juice but with more steps... and time."

"..."

Was that weird enough to warrant states from both men? You coughed to shake off the atmosphere.

"I don't know a lot about wines"

You bravely took a stance against the silence as you continued.

"Anyway, I agree Diluc, you would definitely be grape juice. The fancy types that cost more than literal houses do,"

Your peripherals caught his red eyes narrowing

"I meant it as a compliment, of course."

"Oh, and what do you think I would be?"

Kaeya Alberich, Cavalry Captain, spy, Khaenrian (royalty?), birthday November 30th, favorite food death after noon.

Briefly, you wonder how he would react if you dumped all this on him right now. a sword to your heart maybe?