12

ᴀ ʙᴜꜰꜰ? ʏᴇꜱ, ɪɴ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴇᴄᴏɴᴏᴍʏ? ʏᴇꜱ (ᴄʀᴀᴢʏ ᴅᴇᴀʟ ɴᴏᴛ ᴄʟɪᴄᴋʙᴀ!ᴛ!!!)

*Laughs in Stockholm syndrome*Y̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶j̶b̶o̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶,̶ ̶l̶e̶k̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶p̶ ̶n̶a̶h̶i̶

Y̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶j̶b̶o̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶,̶ ̶l̶e̶k̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶p̶ ̶n̶a̶h̶i̶

"Blueberry?"

"Sure, why not?" you reply, not really realizing the fact that blueberries might not even exist in this world.

"It's a berry that's blue, very reminiscent of you because, well," you gesture to his entirety, "you got a blue pallet going on yourself."

You were... not very good at coming up with nicknames, understandably so given your track record. Red for Diluc and Blue/blueberry for Kaeya were not the pinnacles of creativity, but hey no judgment, nicknames were supposed to show familiarity and affection, not to serve as a basis of creative thinking.

"Diluc is Red and I think blue or blueberry is suitable enough for you." You say in an attempt to convince him and to subtly reveal that no one was spared from your dumb naming, not even the winery tycoon that housed you.

"So yes, it is what it is." finalizing the name, you leave no room for argument.

Blue.

Not the worst possible word that could have been associated with him, or has been.

Kaeya Alberich was a man of vicious descriptions, all with varying sentiments, depending on who you asked. And on his shelf of mostly perverse adjectives, now sat blue. That you had so graciously added to his collection.

And it might not be the most original or well-deserved description, but he has no intentions of rejecting it.

"Why? Is my real name not sufficient for you?" he asks slyly, tone devoid of any offense but rather astute with amusement.

"See, now you are just making assumptions." Pointing it out, "I never said I won't use your real name, Kaeya.", and you come up with the silliest bargain ever. "Consider it a token of our newfound familiarity."

Strangely enough, there were no faults in your logic,... Or maybe just the idea of having a silly nickname was endearing enough to him. Either way, he relents.

"Very well then, as you wish."

You smile triumphantly, giddy at your victory and the fact that the talks were turning lighter. You didn't want to be suspicious to him and especially didn't wish to be subjected to the interrogation methods you knew he was capable of.

Now that you were in this world, you wanted to survive (and thrive), and being shady was not going to help you out in the slightest. It wasn't in your nature to be secretive or scheming either, but right now it was necessary and you were smart enough to realize that. You needed information first before you got into any more than just one conversation about you and your past.