Mephiles' Return

It's been years... since I was defeated and locked away- Solaris blown out from it's small flame it started from, leaving Iblis in a cold frozen like state, and I seeing never ending darkness. I don't know where I am, if you could call it a place at all. My body feels weightless and forever floating in this vast cold vacuum of black nothing.
How is it so simple to kill a god, with three small hedgehogs and a simple breeze from a mortal girl?! Tch, puny god... Solaris was nothing but a vulnerable pathetic flame of fire anyway. His might was man made, there for with flaw and crumbled easily.
My powers are null in this space, but if they worked, I wold kill that silver hedgehog along with that blue one, and Shadow... Why is he so special?! Ultimate life form? How can he even consider coming as close, he's man made and not even a god!! How is it he gets such a righteous title?

... His power, I sense his power has grown since he had first been awaken. At first inexperienced he hadn't unlocked the slightest power it would take to save his beloved "family". His trauma served him well though, now having power to control chaos and time it's self and defeating gods! ... Though still he has yet to face one alone with out this so called 'team'.
Ugh Shadow... Your ability to amaze even me sickens my very soul. Even more so capable of such great power and using it to defend such undeserving humans!!! You might have the power black hedgehog but you clearly lack the brains! ... If only he'd see things MY way, to realize how undeserving and ungrateful the mortals really are. Or does he already know that?

"If the whole world chooses to turn against me, then I will fight just like I always have."
Even knowing how easily the humans would turn against him he still wouldn't abandon them to gain the upper hand. Of course back then I knew that causing Shadow to turn his back on the humans first would cause them to fight against him and finally resulting in his captured state after I of course abandoned him.
Now, I'm not quite sure I'd abandon him if he ever considered joining my side. But it's only a thought... I'm stuck here in this floating blackness forever. Unless of course by some miracle the new and reinforced scepter of darkness was to be broken letting me free. Hello what's this? A light brightening the cold vacuum. And noise, no it's talking. Yes! The scepter I have been sealed in has an orb that allows the prisoner to look out, at everything he can't do...

My eyes gazed out stinging from the light i haven't seen in so long. Two young humans, dressed in GUN uniform had opened the volt my scepter was kept.

"I don't know where we're going to put this thing." One said scratching his head.
"Maybe we can move stuff around." The other said setting down a hunk of blue diamond.
"Hey! Check this thing out!" The ugly mortal's face was inches from my looking window. If I could I would have poked his eye out.
"Don't touch that you don't know what it is."
"Aw you worry too much. It's got this purple smoke all around it, I wonder where GUN nabbed it from. Looks like it does some kind of magic." I felt the scepter being picked up and tilted around.
"Put it down Chris!" The other mortal cried.
"Why are you such a party pooper Jonathan?! Look, I'm a king and this is my... 'kingly staph'!"
"Chris put it down, this is NOT the job to play pretend!"
The two was now yanking me back and forth. I was annoyed but this was my escape to freedom! The clumsy mules finally dropped me and through a crack light filtered in and it was easy in my smoky form to slip out of my prison.

"Oh crap Chris! What did you do?!" Jonathan screamed and backed away as I started to solidify. They tripped over themselves in a confused panic and yelled for the Commander. As much as I wanted to warm up my powers on a practice torture, I'd have to silence them quickly before I was sentenced to another prison. After skewering them with chaos energy leaving them lifeless and silent on the floor, before anyone should remember their existence I melted down in a cloud of smoke and took to an air vent to be out of sight. Eventually someone will check on the two and see that I've obviously been released, by then I should be no where to be found...

The irony. To be trapped in darkness and finally be released only to be trapped again in a small dark space. How ever the vents weren't as dark but a shade lighter than pitch black. I traveled in my smoky mist down the long tube maze passing voices down below of the never suspecting humans. I wonder... Is Shadow in at this time, or might he be off playing fetch for the Commander? To risk the loss of time searching for that hedgehog wasn't worth it, I know I need out of here; they'd probably never suspect the air vents in their own HQ, how ever it is not a very habitable place for me. But this gives me an idea. My first evil strike, poison in the air vents. Wahaha!!!

-Else Where-
Shadow and Amy went to dine out, it's been a long time since they had got any time together any more. Although neither was very hungry, it was an effort to try and reach out, Shadow was never a romantic type but he loved Amy, and she knew that. It was a rare magical moment almost like they were meeting for the first time. Amy's concern about him missing a day of work was persistent afraid Commander might be angry for his reason and double his work load the next day. After constant reassurance Shadow had got her to except his request for an outing. The waiter had brought them their meals at last, but just as Shadow had picked up his fork his cell phone gave an alarming ring.

His ears flattened quickly having thought he put it on silent as he searched his person and found the small phone.

"I thought you turned it off." Amy whispered a bit irritated.
Shadow smiled nervously at his wife hoping the call could just be easily dismissed, only the caller ID flashed the name of the Commander and his hopes all let down.

He sunk in his seat with a heavy sigh, "I'm so sorry Amy, I have to take this." He said standing from his chair and began to walk away from the bunch of tables to have some quiet outside.

Amy watched him until out of sight and felt the loneliness set in as she looked at the empty chair across from her and untouched food on his plate. Wondering if she should start with out him as he'd most likely not be back she poked around in her plate with her fork and glanced back at the door where Shadow had disappeared from. She decided to start on her meal with out him, it wasn't the first time this situation had happened, Shadow was always being pulled away from her leaving her alone and even left with paying for the check after. It was a good thing she had her purse she reminded herself glancing down at her pink bag. She'd have to call a cab back home as well.

She knew it would be another lonely ride home as the waiter came in place of Shadow bowing to her to whisper in her ear,
"Excuse me madam, your husband had to leave on an unexpected emergency. He payed for your check already."
She sighed, "Thank you." The waiter nodded and went back to his station leaving her alone yet again. She loved Shadow just as much as she had when she said 'I do', but it clearly isn't the same. It seems he never has time for her any more granted he was there more for her pregnancy, but after the baby he'd be gone on long missions and when he came home it was only for a short amount of time before he was called away again. Of course he did warn her about his life as a GUN agent. She knew this would happen and thought she could handle it, but she was having second thoughts already a marriage and a baby too late. What's the point of being married if your husband is always being taken away from you?

Amy left the restaurant hailing a cab and had a silent ride home, ignoring the cab drivers conversation on the phone to whom ever he might be talking to (even though it was against the law to be talking on a cell phone anyway). She arrived home making up her mind that it was time that both of them needed to reconsider their marriage.