I Want You Broken...Like Me.

--GUN Helicarrier Air HQ--

"Shadow!!? Silver!?" Amy screamed amongst all the people scurrying about the new HQ.
"Amy!" Sonic flagged her down from across the busy room.
"Sonic?!" She weaved through the people quickly, as well as Sonic meeting him half way and was pushed then tripped over her own shoe landing in his arms.
"I got ya." Sonic helped her back up, "You okay?"
"Ah y-yeah. I'm so sorry. Thank you." She looked up lightly flushed, "Where's Silver and Shadow?"
"It was a split second move, Right when you're sub left the water base crumbled and is nothing but a compact mettle tin can at the bottom of the ocean.Perfect Chaos was in his last transformation and was lead there by Mephiles. Once the base was destroyed Mephiles did something to Shadow, it seems like he's in a coma status, but Silver was able to put up a telekinetic barrier around him before he drowned and got him to safety just in time. Come on this way I'll take you to them. Eggman and Tails have him in a lab and are aking sure everything is all right." Sonic too her hand and began to lead her to the lab.

"Mom!" Silver sat up quickly happy to see her.
"Silver!" She ran to him taking him in a tight hug, "Are you alright!?"
"I'm okay, a slight head ache, and sprained my hand. The whole force of the ocean against nothing but you're mind is tough." He hugged her back keeping his bad hand by his side.
"Oh my goodness Silver you're amazing!" She planted kisses all over his face and forehead.
"I know I know." Silver chuckled.

"And how is he?" Amy finally looked over to Shadow laying on the bed lifeless.
"Not good." Tails shook his head, "All we can do is hope he wakes up, but his vital signs are dipping and spiking off the charts. For a moment we thought we lost him."
"Oh Shadow..." Amy sighed deeply watching his body.
Suddenly an alarm went off from the monitors as his body seemed to go into shock, his temperature sky rocketed, his heart rate was impossibly fast.
"What's happening!?" Amy cried watching as blood trickled from his nose.
"Eggman we need to get this temperature down stat!" Tails cried.
"I'm on it!" Eggman already started unloading bags of ice and packing them around the hedgehog, "You find something to slow that heart rate and blood pressure!"
"Got it!" Tails nodded searching drawers and cabinets.
"Shadow what's happening to you?" Amy cried helping Eggman lay a few more ice bags down.
--Shadow's pov--

"Just do yourself the favor, just die." Mephiles said almost in a purr, "What are you holding on for? This is the seventh time, and it will keep going on, there will be no end!"
What am I holding on for.... I can't see but I can hear everything, the machines, the saws used to cut me open and tear through bone, the ripping of fur off flesh, not only can I hear it, I can feel it, all of it. Only my pain was nothing to them, who ever they are, they are not my once family of the kind Professor and innocent Maria I once knew. They really are dead, they always have been. And I was nothing to them, nothing but an object.

"What do you want?" I asked softly, my voice was already tired from screaming, and the longer he took to answer me I felt more afraid.
"Broken." He answered finally, "I want you broken."
Defeat added to pain, this is what he wanted... there was no way out of this, this was my own mind I was trapped in. I was lost and weak, alone. It has gotten to the point where even Mephiles; his voice alone was some kind of sick comfort in this painful darkness.
Broken... was I really breaking, giving him exactly what he wanted. But if I resist any longer this torture till never cease!

"Why are you holding on?" He asked again, "You've already lost everything. That family of the Professor and girl. Even you're new family."
"My new family?"
"Oh? Might you have forgotten? That pink twit, and stupid looking son of yours?"
"A son... Silver... Silver! Amy!"
"Oh, yes yes them. Don't fool yourself Shadow, you remember don't you? That suitcase in her room, it's what she was trying to tell you from the very start of all this. She gathered her things, and she was going to leave you."
My mind flashed the image of the bag at the corner of the room while sitting next to Amy on the bed, "For being extracted from the house on such a short notice, you had time to gather a suitcase of things and our photo?"