The Final Decision But not the Final Battle.

"The committee of the Guardian Units of Nations have come to the final conclusion that it would be best for Möbius to hand the prisoner Mephiles the Dark over to the Zulfare squad and have him removed from the planet." Commander Towers announced with a group of other nation's military leaders on screen behind him.

"I object to that decision!" Shadow called.
"You have no say in this hedgehog!" One of the faces on screen growled, "he's a force that can not be handled here on Möbius. If Zulfare has the means in controlling him, then we should not keep what we can not contain."
"No, you don't want to keep what you can't control! ...Wait, have you come to believe that you can control and contain me? You think you have something on Möbius to actually keep me locked down!?"
"You have been captured and able to be put in a state of suspended animation. Agent Shadow if you are threatening us we will have you dealt with immediately. Mephiles is a different case. You are an animal of reason and have proven yourself useful and able to comprehend right from wrong. Mephiles is a lost cause."

"I object to the decision as well!!!" Silver called out of breath from running hoping he wasn't too late.
"Silver?" Shadow looked back.
"Look I'm not saying Mephiles isn't capable of reasoning, and he has to know sense of what is right and wrong, he'd just blindly out of rage chosen to do wrong. But now, he's offering to change his ways! He request we let him be an ally, to be used as a weapon against enemies that prove to be too much for us to handle!"

"The Guardian's Committee have already decided on our plan of action!"
"But if you don't and you hand him over to those people, he threatened to eradicate the planet as soon as the door opens! You all see what he is capable of, do you really want to take his threat lightly?" Midnight added.

"Those people? Hey Shifts what are you talking about, you're with us!" Mina the lion turned hearing her speak in such a manner.
"I said don't call me that anymore! And as of now I am no longer a citizen of Zulfare."
"WHAT!?"
"That's right.. How do I put this, I guess you can say I've been 'foolishly memorized' and fell in love with someone not of my kind.~" She purred out his words spoken to her from before.
"You was on Mephiles' side from the start weren't you!?" Mika stepped closer drawing out his giant sword, only having Shadow react quickly drawing his chaos spear in his left hand, Mika's warrior Heinz the cardinal drew out his bow and arrow pointing it at the hedgehog causing Silver to pick up his defense and put up a telekinetic field around Midnight and Shadow.

"ENOUGH!" Commander Towers yelled over the stand off beginning, "Even though we've made our decision it might not be easy to cease it in success. I doubt Mephiles' threats are empty and he has every means to carry them out without mercy. Sometimes we can't always get what we want, he's grabbed us at a very vulnerable area. The only way to protect our people now is to keep him where he wants to be. And that is here. Mika of Zulfare, I'm sorry but we can't risk handing him over, the threat is too grave."

Mika finally lowered his sword with a sigh, "I understand sir. What if we come up with a more tactical plan? Knowing Mephiles will not come out willingly, serve up a dose of his own trickery, tell him we have left, and set him free. Then we will strike and bring him to Zulfare!"

"Oh please Mephiles is one big lie detector he can tell when you're telling the truth, and can see through deception." Midnight hissed, "Your petty orders from the king are now a threat to the planet and its people! Are you willing to kill a whole planet just to fill you're orders, is that all anyone of you care about?"
"If we go back empty handed how are we going to explain it to the king!?"
"Explain it just as is, he doesn't want to go back and Möbius is more capable of protecting itself than he believes, we've got everything under control here. Your help isn't needed here." She answered.

"I second the notion." Sonic answered from the wall, he'd been silently listening all along, "I don't see how we let Eggman work with us and he's equally been just as big of a threat."
"But he is human. He's a weird kind of guy but human none the less." One of the directors commented.
"Why thank you." Eggman chuckled proudly.
"Hey! So now it's down to our species whether we're welcome here or not?!" Sonic stood straight pushing off the wall.
"Well Mephiles isn't exactly an animal either. We have no idea what he is."
"That shouldn't matter! All species aside, even as nations who are enemies with each other in time of war or over territory, you can't tell me you never made an alliance with your arch nemesis to win a battle against a greater threat?"

"But what bigger threat do we face at the moment now aside from Mephiles!?"
"Each other..." Shadow grunted.
"Maybe he knows something we don't..." Sonic mentioned making everyone fall silent once again. With the new thought in the air the Guardians on screen spoke, "Alright given the hostility of our own people about this matter and that Sonic's suggestion could be very true and the risks of death by Mephiles are equally the same.... We have decided to change our original agreement. Mephiles will stay, under our conditions and must obey our rules."

"I understand." Mika nodded, "This is what you truly want for your people?"
"It might not be what we truly wish for, but this is how we must protect them."
"As true warriors we understand the choice you have had to make. We will do our best to explain to our king. Perhaps since our enemy is the same we shall form an alliance. If so happen Mephiles or this possible larger threat is to arise you may call on us for help."

So with a few more papers signed the final move was made and the Zulfarians left empty handed and with one less from their team. Mephiles was brought the news that he was allowed to stay be it so long as he follows the rules, and due to the death and destruction he caused will be transported to a holding cell on Prison Island for life in prison, or approximately 80 years. But this was far from the end of their problems. The start of rebuilding what was damaged, recovering what was lost, and mourning what could not be returned.

"Can't he get out earlier on good behavior??" Midnight trailed the guards unlocking the prison cell where Mephiles waited.
"Me, have good behavior?" Mephiles chuckled standing as they entered and snapped heavy handcuffs on his wrists and ankles.
"Well not killing anyone in a year or so? That has to count for something right?" Midnight watched as he burst into a cloud of smoke and solidifying again making the shackles drop to the floor and the bunch of nervous guards pointing their guns at him.
"That would leave me so pent up. Wouldn't they allow you to visit, so you could halo me release some of this burning energy I hold inside for so long?" Mephiles' eyes held a smirk holding out his hand to Midnight making her laugh as she took his hand and twisted it behind his back snatching the cuffs again and slapped them back in his wrist.
"Only if you promise not to let anyone be victim to that power, except for me." She whispered lowly at his ear, "Starting as of now. Best behavior, so that you can show me your worst."
"Ah~ deal." He laughed and turned back to the guards all watching clearly puzzled in what was going on. "Don't worry about me now, that Doctor Eggman is stealing everything you hold on your data base as we speak. He's been doing so the moment he arrived on the air base. And the Zulfarians are quite interested in the designs of technology you hold as well. They aren't as low as stealing, but they will want to get their hands on it anyway they see fit."

"Right, we'll check into that... Now uh move so we can get you processed in the system for Prison Island." A guard mumbled.
"Ah, you weren't on the mission with Shadow and the others to retrieve a blue spiraled Exeter from an island were you?" Mephiles asked strolling out of the door.
"N-no but I know of it... How do you know?"
"Because I wasn't the only one imprisoned and banished here from another world. I might have reasoning and a conscious of my own, but the rest is a lost cause. Good behavior or not, I won't be kept prisoner for long."

End...?