The Cat's Last Life

-Mephiles pov-
My plans to kill off the ones who ruined me the first time had gotten only delayed. It WILL happen. There's a little kitty who contains the flame of the cropped time line that was blown from existence. Her death will unleash the first real threat against humanity. The uncontrolled flames that once haunted the broken future that 'never happened'.

-Blaze pov-
"Blaze, there is an urgent matter on the phone for you." A teal hedgehog bowed and handed me the phone.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Blaze, it's Silver." The voice answered back. A smile quickly came over me.
"Silver! How-"
"Listen! The scepter of darkness was broken releasing Mephiles. Heads up, he's coming for you right now. Be on your guard, he plans to unleash the flames that are sealed within you. I'm on my way." He spoke quickly his alarming news made my smile drop and the flames within me began to flair with my anger.
"Thank you Silver, I'll be ready." I nodded. After dropping the call it was time to evacuate my palace, so none of my subjects that live here with me are victims in the cross fire.

-
Sonic met with Tails out side of the ruins. He was greeted with a tackle hug from his fox friend still crying.
"I'm so glad your okay!" He cried in his chest.
"It's going to be fine Tails. But we have work to do." Sonic stood back on his feet. They both headed off to the city.

Meanwhile Mephiles arrived in Blaze's palace already engaged in battle with the flame princess.

"I grow tired of your games Mephiles! What business do you have here?!" She landed her fist full of fire.
"Aw tired already Princess, we just started." Mephiles chuckled watching another royal curtain catch fire.
"Enough! You've provoked and dodged each one of my attacks, if you think I'm going to fall for your game of 'cat and mouse' it's a good pun, but I'm not stupid! What do you want from me!?"
"Is it so easy? If you know what I've come for, would you easily give it up?" He tilted his head.
"No." She answered with a growl, "But I'll know what I need to be more focused on protecting."
"Hahaha!! Blaze how can you honestly think you can protect yourself against something you can't touch?"
"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?!" She screamed.
Mephiles narrowed his eyes at her not excepting the tone she put in her voice, "The fire. You see princess you carry a monster deep in your soul, it consumes your life with every day you harbor the flames... I've come to simply release you of such a harmful duty."
"My fire...?"
"Oh no not just the fire, the monster that has a hold of you which produces the fire."
"Tch, and what good will it do to give it to YOU?" Her fire became deeper in color.
"Does it matter princess? You'll be free. Deep down you know the monster burns you and you scream every night with terrible night terrors from the torment and pain it causes you."

Blaze stepped back in shock, "Sh-Shut up!"
"With every inch of your body no matter how many times you've convinced yourself that you've excepted your fate as a living prison for something that is killing you from within, you truly wish to be free."

"No, stop it!" Blaze's heart began to race even more so as she began to tremble. What he's saying shouldn't have any effect on her, then why can't she control her emotions? She stepped back again her flames dissipated.
"You've projected a brave image dear princess but it's an act, the more you harbor the monster inside, you become nothing more than a weak pathetic tormented soul destine to fall to something you can never escape!" Mephiles seemed to grow his voice echoing off the burning walls and surrounded her now dropping to her knees and cornered against a wall.

"Haha, let me save you. Give me the monster and enjoy a life of peace in return." His reptilian like eyes glowed from the smoke as he drew near.
"No..." She quivered in a whisper,"No I-I can't..."

His jagged hand was presented in front of her and in the time of fear and confusion something deep inside from her, another form of her feeling alone, trapped, and tortured saw his expression as friendly and his hand a gesture of help. Her hand shook furiously trying to fight it down as she seemed to involuntarily reach up to take his hand.
"What... Have you... Done to m-me...?" Blaze hissed silently from her mind her quivering hand inches from the dark shaded hand extended to her.

"BLAZE!!!" A voice broke through the air and shattered her thoughts filling her with only hope.
"Silver?" She looked at the entrance of the castle, the gray hedgehog lit from all angles by the fire from the room, like a glowing angle coming to her aid.
"Get away from her!" He yelled throwing a spear similar to a chaos spear right at the jagged hedgehog.
Mephiles grunted not having any real damage done. But if he allowed Silver to stop his plan of releasing the flames he would only be a fugitive on the run.
"Silver you came!" Blaze managed to pick herself up and extended a hand for the hedgehog wanting to grasp and take in the reality of his existence feeling as if she'd just had a terrible night mare. But just before she had taken another step she found herself taken in Mephiles' grasp with a chaos energy formed knife to her neck.
"No Blaze!" Silver quickly went to leap into action.
"Take another move and she dies!" Mephiles hissed causing Silver to stop in his tracks. "It didn't have to be this way princess, you could have lived a happy after life." He grumbled as she began to struggle in his arms.

"Let her go!" Silver screamed.
"A simple prayer was uttered to seal the flames with a chaos emerald or two present... So shall it be to release them." Mephiles explained his plan, "There for, I Mephiles the dark release the flames of disaster from the time never existing and reawaken Iblis." Mephiles seemed to whisper in her ear and calling to the flames.

"No!" Blaze screeched clawing at the hedgehogs arms the 'monster' had been summoned as if it was knocking on a door her body began to shade red with the heat it emitted trying to release it's self.

"Blaze fight it! You can't let him release the flames! The fire is yours to control! You can't let this happen!" Silver yelled watching; powerless to jump in and save her.
"I release you with a sacrifice..." His final words whispered sharply to her ear and the blade sliced away at her throat stopping her scream short and a great fire shot from her body with a splitting screech of a monster.

"BLAZE!!! NOOOO!!!!" Silver hadn't stopped the tears falling from his eyes as her body seemed to evaporate with the heat from the fire. Mephiles' insane laughter mixed with the crackles and whooshing of the fire.

"Give it up Silver, it's no use." Mephiles cackled, "you're too late and with out another vessel how will you contain the flames now?" He laughed again.

"Aaaahhhhhggg!!!!" Silver charged with all his might blasting what ever energy he could conger up and throwing what ever was near at Mephiles who simply dodged his thoughtless attacks.

"What is this, might I have struck a sensitive nerve? Did you 'love' that living cage?"
"I'll kill you!!!" Silver screamed throwing a plank of burning wood at him.
The raging despair and deep sorrow with such pain aching from Silver's heart had thrown Mephiles into another fit of laughter.
"Yes! Yes I love it!!!" He laughed sounding as of he was getting pure extacy. "Maybe I don't have to send you into death, consumed in such despair and sadness... I think it's even better." He turned away.
"You sick bastard." Silver muttered finally giving up in his attacks, "I'll kill you..."
"Hmm.." Mephiles hummed uninterested in the blubbering words of vengeance. He disappeared once again leaving Silver shaking in rage and tears.
"I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!" Silver yelled upward to the heavens before collapsing to the floor crying the pain away.