Chapter 1

Aurelia

• • •

I watched as the black haired boy sitting in front of me moved his tattooed hand up and down a page, his eyes never wavering from it only to take a couple of glances over at me where I would find myself glaring at him, but he didn't seem bothered as his pencil continued to leave marks.

And once that same hand stopped, and he went to grab at the sketch pad with both hands, making me roll my eyes as he proceeded to look back and forth, from the piece of paper to me, and then an eraser made an appearance and I couldn't help, but voice my thoughts.

"Can you get done and over with it already." I was beyond exhausted just from sitting here and looking pretty. I too, had better and more important things to do than to model for him and his artistic ways.

Those green eyes of his lifted off the paper just for a brief second, but it was enough for me to see the annoyance in them, "Can you quit complaining," his hand now had the pencil against the drawing again, "it's only been five minutes."

Letting out a huff, I made an act to cross my arms and lean against my seat as I muttered, "Yeah, the worst five minutes of my life."

A sigh was soon heard, but I didn't take my eyes off my heels, the same ones that were lifted onto the seat next to my own, "Lia, I just need an outline for now."

For now. "Fuck," letting my head fall back, I closed my eyes, "I can't deal with this right now, I need a cigarette."

"Seriously?" I found myself now looking at Santiago, and as I took in the look he gave me, I frowned. He was disappointed, either because I wasn't collaborating or because of my comment, "Aurelia."

Of course it was the latter.

"What's going on here?" At the sound of the new voice, I turned to look at the blonde, who wore her daily smile that seemed to brighten her entire being.

Smiling back at her, I took notice how she took glances between Santiago and myself, as I discreetly sent pleading looks over to him, to which he tried to ignore. Until finally he decided it was time to go back to his art piece, "I'm drawing Lia, but you know how she is."

And although there was a teasing tone being used as he spoke, I saw the crinkle that formed in between his brows, which told me he was not happy about any of this.

A laugh escaped the blonde as she took a seat on the vacant chair that previously held my feet, as I had lowered them after her arrival, however they were now resting on her lap, "Santi, this is exactly why I'm your favorite client." Tossing her hair back, she passed me a wink, to which I playfully scoffed at.

"Sure, is that why he's currently drawing me instead of you," batting my eyelashes, a grin found a place on my lips.

And soon enough we found ourselves laughing, although it was short lived as soon as Santiago opened his mouth, "Actually the only reason I'm drawing either of you is because the pretty ones are always taken."