Chapter 9

Alessandro

• • •

Everything was unexpected. It had all happened in a blur.

However, from the moment I got out the club I felt a sense of tension, and once I was dragged into the dark I knew it had something to do with a couple of weeks ago.

Catching sight of one of the four my suspicions were correct, it was the guy who I went up against when I first found this place. I had won, and he hadn't seemed to be very happy about it, although that didn't stop me from going back in the ring.

It had been weeks since then, he had been eyeing me all this time and had chosen to finally attack. Not alone though. And after getting my ass handed by him and his comrades I couldn't help, but think back to the person who'd found me. Aurelia Knight. Who would have thought she'd be roaming the streets so late at night, especially when she was meant to be with the others seeing a movie.

And now sitting across from her, I watched as she typed away on her computer, never adding onto the conversation the whole group was having, it wasn't like I was talking much either. But then her dark eyes met mine and I felt myself be scrutinized, where I found myself trying to maintain my posture.

She furrowed her eyebrows then, as if trying to ask what it was I was doing staring at her, but I only tilted my head to the side, looking over to the cafeteria doors. Standing up, I declared, "I'm going to use the restroom."

Davina was the only one who gave an answer. And as I made it outside, I gave it a couple of minutes until- Aurelia came out too, however she didn't seem to even look my way as she walked past me, I followed, "Why didn't you say anything?"

She stayed quiet, but once we made it to a stop at a locker, hers I presume, she spoke up, "It's none of my business." There was a challenge in her voice, as if stating quite the opposite.

Sighing I leaned against the lockers resting alongside hers, "Don't worry I won't tell anyone where you were if that's what you're worried about."

A resounding sound was made as she slammed her locker shut, a book in hand, "And what makes you think I trust you?"

At her words my face contorted into one of confusion, "Whatever do you mean?"

"If you think to try and talk about Saturday night," she was inches away from me, her breath caressing my skin, "I'll make it my business if it's necessary."

Watching her walk to the doors leading outside, baffled, I managed to ask, "If you don't trust me, than how can I trust you?"

Back facing me, she stopped in place, moving her head slightly to the right, "You don't." And with that she continued going the rest of the way and I only saw after the closing door.