Nothing more

Hi everyone! This one was requested by MitsvyaKinnie

Enjoy!

Also, this wasn't edited properly so if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes, I apologize.

_______________
•Your POV•

I've known (c/n) (c/l/n) for years. We basically grew up together. We played hide and seek for hours on the weekends, went to the same school, and hung out almost everyday.

As we grew up, we found our own interests. He loved skating. I loved art. I used to watch him at the skatepark with his friends during my free time. I soon took an interest in his hobby and asked him to teach me the basics and a couple simple tricks.

It took me awhile to be able to skate without falling off the board every five minutes but he was so patient with me. I fell so many times I was expecting him to give up on me.

But he didn't. He would help me up and tell me that I did good and let me try again. He would laugh and make jokes about it at times. Which really helped me feel better.

We just finished another skating session and now we are just hanging out in my apartment, sitting on the couch, watching a movie.

"(Y/n)," he speaks. "Can we paint together?"

"You want to paint?" I ask, excitement evident in my tone.

"Yeah," he answers. "I just figured since we like skate together and all that, why not paint together as well. It's like we're sharing hobbies which is kinda fun, don't ya think?"

"Yeah."

"What are we waiting for then? Let's get the supplies."

~•~

"I have no idea what I'm doing." (C/n) says, staring at the canvas in front of him. "I'm trying to paint a sunset but it just doesn't seem to be working." I look over at his work.

"Hey that's actually pretty good," I tell him. "The colors are pretty."

"You think so?" He asks. I nod, smiling. He smiles back. I turn back to my work, picking up where I left off. "Hey, (y/n)."

The second I look at him, he brushes his paintbrush on my cheek. He chuckled as I glare at him, wiping the paint off with my hand. I take my brush and dunk it in some yellow paint and do the same to him.

"Oh it's on." He smirks. My eyes widen. I get off my chair with my paintbrush and pallet and dash out of the room with him chasing behind me.

We chase each other around my apartment with paint and paintbrushes, trying to smear paint on one another. We're laughing like there's no tomorrow.

I manage to tackle him to the ground, smearing light orange paint on his forehead and nose. My heart flutters hearing his laugh and seeing his smile. He's perfect.

He takes this moment to flip us over, I let out a small scream of shock, heat rising to my cheeks due to our position. He then paints one long line of yellow paint down the side of my paint. I glare at him. He laughs as he stands up and runs away from me.

"Get back here!" I shout at him, standing up and chasing after him again.

~•~

Thirty minutes of chasing each other around later, we make our way to the bathroom sink and start scrubbing the paint off our faces.

"How much yellow paint did you use?" (C/n) asks, wiping the once perfectly white towel now stained with yellow on his cheek. "The whole bottle?"

"God I hope not." I say, running my towel under some water. "But that wouldn't be shocking considering that there's more paint on my face alone than on your canvas."

"That was fun though. I wouldn't mind doing that again."

"The actual painting on a canvas or wasting paint on each other's faces and clothes?"

"Can I pick both?"

"Unfortunately, no."

"Oh boo," he whines. "No fun."

"Oh screw off." I roll my eyes.

"No, you'll miss me too much if I do."

"No? Who said that?"

"Me, duh."

"You're annoying."

But you love it.

"You love me."

"No, I don't."

Yes you do. Stop lying to yourself.

"Wow not even as a friend? I'm hurt." He puts his hand over his chest in mock hurt. "I never thought my childhood best friend would say that!"

Childhood best friend? That's it?

"Of course I like you as a friend, dummy. Nothing more though."

Seriously? Nothing more? That's not what was in your fake scenario last night-

Shut up, brain.

You should tell him you like him.

No.

"I knew I was irresistible."

You definitely are.

"Whatever you say." I roll my eyes.

"Anyway, I'm gonna head to my place now. You down for a movie night on Tuesday at my place?"

"Sure. See you then."

~•~

"That movie was amazing," (c/n) says. "Thank you for picking that one."

"Don't mention it," I reply. "As much as I want to watch another movie, it's getting late."

"Yeah, you should probably start heading home."

Tell him. The worst thing that could happen is he doesn't see you as more than a friend and you move on with your life.

"Actually, before I go," I start nervously. "I want to tell you something."

"What's up?"

"I may or may not have a crush... on you."

"What?" He asks, confused, head tilt to the side.

"I like you, (c/n)," I finally admit. "As more than a friend, and I just want to know if you feel the same."

"(Y/n), I'm sorry but... I don't feel the same way. I only see you as a friend, nothing more."

"Oh," I feel my heart shatter. "That's okay. Thank you for being honest though. I'm gonna head out now." I get off the couch and make my way to the door with him following behind me.

"We can still be friends after this, right?" I ask as I approach the front door.

"Of course. You're my best friend in the entire world. I'm not losing just because of this. Let's just forget this ever happened, yeah?"

"Yeah, whatever I said tonight didn't happen. It was just a normal movie night with my best friend."

"Yes. That's all it was."

Nothing more.