Back to December

Hey guys! This one shot is inspired by the song "Back to December (Taylor's Version)" by Taylor swift.

(F/f)- favourite flowers

On with the one shot!

—————

~Your POV~

I'm sitting in a restaurant waiting for my ex-boyfriend, (c/n).

I'm just glad he made time to see me. He takes his seat across from me. We order some food.

"So, how are you doing?" I asked (c/n).

"I've been good just very busy. What about you?" He asked.

"I'm...good." I answered. "Nice weather today, huh?"

"Yeah." He said. "How's work?"

(A/n: if you're still a student or don't have a job just pretend you do.)

"It's been okay."

His guard is up. I'm not going to ask him because I know why.

The last time we saw each other is still in the back of his mind. He gave me a bouquet of (f/f) and I left them there to die.

But there's still more.

"Hey (c/n)." I said. He hummed in response. "Can I be serious with you for a second?"

"What?" He asked, turning off the TV.

"I don't think this is working out." I said almost hesitantly.

"What do you mean?" He asked. "If you tell me I'm willing to change it."

"We're over, (c/n). Goodbye." I said and left.

"Hey (c/n)." I said. "I'm sorry for that night. I really am."

It's only now I realize what I had when you were mine.

~•~

The past month I haven't been sleeping. I stay up and play back myself leaving.

When your birthday passed and I didn't call. Not even a happy birthday text.

"Road trip!" I yelled happily.

It was warm summer day and we were going on a road trip with some of our friends. It's an annual thing.

It was an annual thing.

We started making some jokes and I watched him laugh as he drove.

I loved him way before that.

And then December came. Cold days came. Fear crept into my mind.

He gave me everything he had to give. All the love he had to give and I ended it with goodbye.

I miss the feeling of his arms around me and how he held me that September night the first time he saw me cry.

"What's wrong, (y/n)?" He asked. I didn't respond. I made my way into his arms and cried. "(Y/n). What's the matter?"

"My mom and my dad are arguing because of me." I sobbed. "I'm not really sure if it's about me or not, but it feels like it."

"It has nothing to do with you, (y/n)." He reassured. "It's gonna be okay."

I'm probably just mindless dreaming.

Maybe I'm wishing for something that will never happen.

But if he and I were back together I swear I'll love him right.

But it's not possible.

There's no more me and him.

If I could I'd go back in time to change it.

I'd go back to that December night, turn around, and make it all right.

But I can't.

It's not meant to be. We aren't meant for each other.

It happened for a reason. He was made to find someone else and so am I.

So, if his door is locked, I understand.

It's not me and him anymore.

It's him and someone else.