Hold on

Hey guys! So this one shot is inspired by the song "Hold on" by Chord Overstreet.

Trigger warning ⚠️:
This one deals with suicide so if it's a sensitive topic for you, I suggest you read another one of my one shots.

Anyway, on with the one shot.

————————

| Crush's POV |

Where is she?

Ever since that stupid argument, she left. I haven't seen her or heard from her for almost an hour.

My heart was racing as I searched the whole house. I was on the verge of tears when I reached the one place I didn't look.

I tried to open the door but it was locked. I swore under my breath.

"(Y/n), open the door. I'm sorry."

I got no reply.

"(Y/n)?" I shook the doorknob. "Are you in there?" No reply. "(Y/n), what's going on? Please open the door, I'm worried about you."

I slammed my body against the door, causing it to open. My heart sunk when I saw her lying on the bathroom floor.

An empty bottle of pills was on the floor. I dropped to my knees beside her and pulled her in my arms and looked for a pulse.

There was a folded piece of paper on the floor. I picked it up and read it.

Dear (c/n),

I'm sorry.

I was wrong.

I realized that everyone else was right. You don't deserve me and the world doesn't need me.

I know this is hard but you will soon get over me. I'm something that shouldn't be remembered anyway.

I love you more than anything, (c/n).

Stay strong for me.

Goodbye.

Your loving girlfriend,
(Y/n).

"Please don't leave me!" I screamed, the tears streaming down my cheeks.

I picked her up and brought her down to my car. I sat her on the passenger side and strapped her in.

I drove down the endless highway, she stayed silent beside me. I was just praying for her to wake up.

The minutes felt like hours. When I finally reached the hospital, I called for the doctors who took her away on a table.

I followed behind them. They wheeled her into a room, they ran some tests, hooked her up to the heart monitor and left.

I paced back and forth, trying to calm myself down. I couldn't stop the tears from falling.

Please wake up.

Please wake up.

Please wake up.

I held her hand tightly.

"I'll make it right, baby. I will love you all of my life. Just please, please wake up." I couldn't let her go. "I still need you."

She flatlined. For the second time that night, my heart sunk.

I ran out and called a doctor.

A doctor and two nurses came rushing in. One of the nurses brought me out of the room despite the fact I wanted to see what they were doing.

"Why can't I stay?" I asked. "I need to be beside her."

"You'll only slow us down." The nurse said.

So I stayed right outside of her room. I sat down on the uncomfortable chairs and placed my head in my hands.

Minutes felt like hours waiting for news. I couldn't help but think she was dead.

The doctor called my attention. I instantly went up to him.

"I'm sorry." He said. "She didn't make it. We tried everything we could but we couldn't get a heartbeat."

I knew it.

I knew it.

I asked if I could see her one last time. He said it was fine.

I went back to her room, it was silent. No noises were heard. I closed the door to get some privacy.

I sat down on the chair beside her bed.

"I want you here with me, (y/n)."

There was nothing I more then for her to wake up and beg me to bring her home. I didn't want to let her go.

I don't think I'm strong enough.

I know I'm not strong enough.

~•~

So I went home for the first time without her.

The house felt so empty.

There wasn't someone I could hold anymore.

I went up to what used to be our bedroom.

I laid down on her side of the bed.

I buried my head in her pillow and cried. Everything I held back came out. I sobbed, not caring if the neighbors heard.

———————

That was depressing.

I almost cried writing this.

On a happier note, I would love to thank you guys for 29.9k reads!

That's almost 30k!

Thank you guys so, so much!

Love you all❤️

~Sofia💞