Attempt

Hi everyone! This one shot is requested by stewithlou.

Trigger warning ⚠️:
Deals with suicide (again). So if that is a sensitive topic for you, you can skip this one.

On with the one shot.

———————————

| Crush's POV |

I found her drowned in the bathtub. The water was red, cuts going down her wrists. My whole world seemed to crash.

I pulled her out of the bathtub, not caring if my clothes got wet. I just wanted her alive.

"Please don't leave me." I begged, looking for a pulse.

The minutes felt like hours before the ambulance arrived. It took all in me not to cry in front of the doctors.

I sat down on the chair beside her hospital bed. The doctors said that she might wake up.

"Please stay with me, (y/n). I'll do anything." I begged, holding her hand tightly. "I love you."

I laid my head down and closed my eyes.

~•~

I heard a small groan. I looked up and saw her sitting up. A small smile made its way to my face.

"You're awake." I said softly. I sat down beside her.

She looked at me and then looked away. She played with the hem of the blanket nervously.

"Why did you try to kill yourself, love?" I asked, taking her hand in mine. She didn't reply.

We stayed the night at the hospital.

~•~

Later in the afternoon the next day, I was able to take her home. She hasn't talked to me at all.

She sat down on the couch, staring at the ground. I sat down beside her, planting a soft kiss on her cheek.

"Why did you try to kill yourself, (y/n)?" I asked again.

"It felt like no one loved or cared about me. So what's the point in staying if that's what my life is?" She choked out.

I wrapped my arms around her, letting her cry.

"You could've told me you were feeling that way." I said, rocking her back and forth. "I love you more than anything."

"I'm sorry." She sobbed.

"It's okay. Next time, you tell me, okay?"

"Okay."

~•~

We decided to order pizza. She went to the kitchen to grab us something to drink. I followed her.

"Why are you following me?" She asked, grabbing water from the fridge.

"I just don't want you getting hurt again." I said. "I don't wanna lose you, (y/n). I love you so much."

"You don't need me. You deserve someone else. Someone that's not me-"

"No, no, no, no, I need you more than anything, (y/n). It's only you I want." I said, stopping her from continuing her sentence.

"But why? Why would you stick with me when there are other girls who are way better?"

"Why would I want them when I have everything I want right in front of me?" I questioned her.

A light blush covered her cheeks. She turned around and grabbed us our drinks. We went back to the couch, put on a movie, and ate our pizza.

"Don't you ever do that again, okay, (y/n)?" I told her. She nodded and snuggled deeper into me.

I turned my attention back to the movie, watching it until the end. When the movie finished, I looked down at her.

She was fast asleep, snuggled up beside me. I smiled and turned off the TV. I slowly stood up and put her head on a pillow.

I took the cups and leftover pizza and brought them to the kitchen. I put the cups in the sink and placed the pizza in the fridge.

"(C/n)?" I heard her call from the living room.

I ran back into the living room to see her sitting up, clutching her blanket tightly.

"You left me..." Her voice trailed off.

"I'm so sorry, baby. I was keeping the cups and the pizza." I said and went to hug her. She wrapped her arms around me and buried her head in my shoulder. "Let's go upstairs."

Then I picked her up bridal style. I carried her up to the bedroom. I gently laid her down on the bed and tucked her in.

"Go to sleep, love. I'll be right beside you when you wake up tomorrow." I reassured her, tucking something strands of hair behind her ears.

She was soon fast asleep. I planted a soft kiss on her forehead. Then I took the spot beside her.

I wrapped my arms around her and fell into a deep sleep, knowing she was safe in my arms.