Swim team

Hey guys! This is a request from MineCat57. Hope you guys enjoy!

___________

~Your POV~

I decided to tryout the swim team. Little did I know, (c/n) (c/l/n) was also trying out for the same swim team as mine.

(C/n) and I have known each other for almost five years. Over those years, I have began to like him. I never told him because I didn't want to ruin our friendship.

"Oh, (y/n)!" (B/f/n) teased. "Guess who's trying out of the same swim team as you."

"I know." I rolled my eyes.

"None other than your crush!" She continued. "But don't worry, I'm gonna tryout too." She swing an arm around me. "I hope we get on the team." She smiled. "Oh, and (c/n) too."

~•~

It's the day of the tryouts. Everyone was called one by one and told different strokes. Within a few hours, everyone was done.

We were all called into one room. They coach called everyone who was part of the team.

We were told we could go home. I went into the locker room with (b/f/n) to change and grab my bag.

"We did it, (y/n)!" She exclaimed, jumping up and down. "We made the team!" She grinned. "Plus, your little crush made it too." She whispered. I just laughed.

"We have practice tomorrow afternoon. Don't forget." I reminded her. She nodded, saying she had to go.

She left, leaving me alone in the locker room to pack up the last of my things. I soon walked out to bump into someone. We both fall down.

"Oh, um, hi (c/n)." I greeted him nervously. "So, we made it on the swim team, that's pretty cool, right?"

"Yeah." He replied.

"Sorry for, um, bumping into you. Silly me wasn't paying attention." I laughed nervously, picking up my bag.

Why do I like him?

"It's fine. I'll see you tomorrow for practice?"

"Yeah, bye." With that said, I quickly walked away.

Why do you have to be so awkward?

~•~

"As we all probably know, competitions are tomorrow." Our swim coach announced. "I want you all to get into groups of five and swim as fast as you can. First one back to the starting point wins."

"(Y/n)!" (B/f/n) called out for me while the rest tried to find their groups. "We are in a group with (c/n), (c/b/f/n), and (r/n)."

"Not (r/n)." I groaned.

"Well, you are grouping with us whether you like it or not."

The rest of the day was spent practicing our strokes. The day soon ended and we were told to go home.

I changed my clothes and grabbed my bag. I walked out of the room to bump into (c/n). We both fell down.

Again...

"Yes, again." He said. Then I realized I said it out loud.

"I guess I said that out loud?" I asked, he nodded. "Uh, sorry for bumping into you again. I wasn't looking." I picked up my bag and stood up.

"It's fine. Good luck for tomorrow, I guess." He pushed himself to his feet.

"Good luck to you too."

~•~

The day of the competition. I couldn't be more nervous. (B/f/n) and I were sitting beside each other, waiting for our turn.

"I'm nervous." She said.

"You aren't the only one. I'm just as nervous as you are." I said. Then my event was called. The 400 meter freestyle.

"Good luck." She told me. I nodded and went to the pool.

I got into position and waited for the signal. Once they said to begin, I jumped in and swam, not caring if I was first or not.

I soon reached the end. I climbed out and (c/n) handed me a towel. I said thank you and wrapped myself in it.

"You did great." He told me, a smile on his face. I smiled back.

~•~

"Now it's time to award the winners!" The woman announced into the microphone.

There were three winners for each event. Soon enough, my event was called. The third placer was announced and the the second.

"In first place we have..." She announced, we looked at her expectantly. "(Y/n) (l/n)!"

I won.

I stood up and went up to the stage. I got my medal and stood on the first place platform. Pictures were taken and then we were sent home.

Finally.

As I was walking towards the changing room, I was stopped by (c/n). He looked at me and smiled.

"Congratulations on first place. You did amazing!" He beamed. I smiled back.

"Thanks. You did great too." I told him. "I, um, I'm gonna go now." Before I could walk away, he stopped me.

"There's one more thing I need to do." He backed me up against a wall.

He inched his face closer and closer to mine. His lips were only an inch away from mine.

"I love you, (y/n)." He said, his hot breath on my lips. Soon, his lips were pressed against mine.

Oh my gosh...

He's kissing me!

I hesitantly closed my eyes and kissed him back. His hands found their way around my waist while mine wrapped around his neck.

He pressed his body closer to mine. I tightened my grip around his neck, not wanting it to end.

We pulled away, breathless. I was still in shock.

"I love you too." I said, breaking the silence. He smiled. I smiled.

________

Hello my dearest readers!

It's me!

Anyway, I'm so, so, so sorry I don't update all too often.

School has started for me and things are kinda stressful, but I will update when I can.

Thank you guys so much for 18.6k reads!

This means the world to me!

When I started writing, I never thought I would get this far.

Just thank you all so, so much.

See you guys on my next update.

Love you guys♥️

~Sofia💕