Chapter 27

Schmidt ran down a corridor, jackboots pounding. Natasha chased after him, racing around the corner, only to be met by a vicious barrage. Schmidt unloaded his Luger, blasting blue bolts. Natasha braced herself for the bullets to pierce her skin. When she realized she was being covered by a shield. There was only one person she knew who owned a shield.

Steve.

Schmidt saw the lovers distracted and took this as his chance and bolted.

Steve slowly lifted his shield. To see Natasha's green eyes staring at him. He expected her to kiss him or at least thank him but what she did surprised him more.

She slapped him.

"You idiot!" She hissed. "You were supposed to leave! You're so stupid! You're so stupid! You're such an idiot!" She ranted. She was cut off when Steve's mouth met hers.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't resist." Steve pleaded.

"Goddamnit, Steve why do you have to be so damn sweet when I'm being a monster?" Natasha grumbled. Steve gave her a cocky grin.

Natasha grabbed Steve by the neck and kissed him. When they break off, Steve looked at her, wide-eyed.

"If Red Skull doesn't kill you I will," Natasha muttered.

"Come one."

A/N: Sorry for such a short chapter. I'm getting closer to the end. And since I am getting closer every chapter will come every other week. It's been such a thrill writing this for all of you. And I promise I will keep writing. I love you 3000