Thirty-one.

Evie

"Makeup?"

"Check," I said.

"Bathing suits?"

"Check." I nodded.

"Condoms?"

"Tish..." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry baby girl, I got you covered." She said throwing a box into my lap. "And if he can't fit those then you probably don't need that dick. It's your birthday and you deserve something big" she said.

I tossed the black and yellow box to the side, "I'm not having sex on this trip." I said firmly.

The morning of the trip had finally come around and Tish and I were double checking my luggage. She had spent the night with me so that I had company, and also to help me finish packing for the trip.

"Fine suit yourself, I'm thinking about the wellbeing of your vagina, you should too." She rolled her eyes "Where's your pinheaded brother?" She asked.

I knew it was only a matter of time before she asked about him. We avoided the subject of Martez for most of the night, but I found her paying attention to every little creak or car that drove past my house.

I think their both miserable without each other, especially when there was nothing quite separating them. Well, nothing except for Tish putting herself first. Regardless, they didn't need to be together right now anyway.

I shook my head, "He flew to Seattle last night." I said.

She made a face, "Why? I graduate in two weeks and most of Hazel's stuff is already at my house." She said.

"Did you tell him that?" I asked.

Their communication is still shitty. They were going to have to get that in order when the baby is here because I won't always be around to play moderator.

"Points were made." I rolled my eyes, "You ready to graduate and be a full-time mommy?" I asked.

She nodded, "That's always been the goal, to have my baby with me, I hated seeing the look on her face when I would leave her." she sighed as she sat next to me on the bed, "Sometimes I get kind of scared though, you know, considering the relationship I have with my mother. What if she turns out just like me?" she questioned, the fear in her voice was evident.

"And who says you're a bad person, Tish? I think you forgot your big heart is why you're here today. Don't be as your mother was. You're going to therapy now, so already in the process of unlearning a lot of shit. You'll be fine." I assured her.

She nodded once again, "I just want to be the best mother to her," she said.

"And you will! Plus, you know I'm always here for you and my niece." I reminded her.

"Always babe, always." She smiled, "But enough of me!  Please for the love of God, have fun on your trip and relax."

"I plan on it," I assured her.

An all-expense-paid trip out of the country with several of my closest friends? I was going to live my best life.

"That's what I like to hear, now what time did the boys say they were coming?"

"Umm?" I looked at my watch and just as I was about to answer her, a car horn sounded outside followed by my phone ringing. "Now, I guess." I shrugged grabbing the phone.

Tish shook her head, stood up, and stretched her limps.

"What?" I answered.

"Come outside, loser," Sean said.