Eighteen.

Evie

"What the hell are you doing in Seattle?" My flight barely got a chance to land before Tez was all on my line in big brother mode.

I rolled my eyes as I searched for my floral rolling duffle bag "It said on the note that I was going with Tish." I said as I grabbed my luggage

"I don't see why she couldn't go by her damn self." he grumbled

I took my phone away from my ear momentarily and looked at it "Are you okay?" I questioned "Because you've been in a really bad mood lately." I said

"Yeah man, I'm good just..." he kissed his teeth "Just have a good time and be safe, I guess." he said

"I love you" I offered

"Love you too." With that being said, he hung up.

I blew air out of my mouth and pushed my phone into my back pocket.

"What did the big bad wolf have to say?" Tish asked

"Shit really, I don't think he wanted me to come here with you?" I said

"He's so full of shit." she rolled her eyes and took a hold of her luggage

As much as I wanted to ask her what the conversation that they had earlier this week was about just to see where the source of my brother's anger was coming from, I decided against it.

I was already knee-deep into their shit because of Tish and I didn't want to get any more involved.

"Whatever, let's go see if we can get a cab." I said leading the way to the exit

After fifteen minutes of waiting, we were able to get a cab and were off to Tish's grandmother's house.

The whole ride was silent, ever so often I would look over at Tish and I could see the nervousness etched onto her face but once we were actually there, the jitters that she had seemed to melt away.

Tish pushed the key through her grandmother's door and unlocked it "Granny, I'm here!" she said softly but loud enough for whoever was home to hear

We walked further in and pushed our luggage off to the side.

"Hazel, I know you not hiding from me." Tish said with a smile as she took off her coat and hung it on the coatrack

Small giggles erupted from behind the couch before a small head peaked out. Hazel's eye's immediately widened at the sight of Tish before she took off running.

"Oh, my baby." Tish said scooping her small body into her arms

"Hi mommy." Hazel whispered sweetly. I smiled at how big she had gotten. "I missed you." Tish said, holding on tight to Hazel small body. "I missed you too mommy!" Hazel exclaimed.

Hazel looked over towards me and for the second time her eyes widen with surprise. "Auntie!" She wiggled out of Tish's embrace and ran over to me. I bent down and wrapped my arms around her.

"Hi, Auntie's baby." I kissed her cheeks as I squeezed her. " I missed you." She looked up at me with those big bright brown eyes, the same brown eyes she shared with my brother.

"Well, Well, Well, look who decided to make a trip to see this old woman." Tish grandmother walked over towards her and wrapped her in a bear hug. "Hi granny." Tish said.

"Hey granny." I spoke, giving her a hug after putting Hazel down. "I really do love when you girls come out here and visit." Grandma Angie said. I nodded as she sat down on her couch.

I sat down as hazel crawled in Tish lap. It was the cutest thing I had ever saw. In the few short weeks since I've last seen my niece, it seemed like she's grown so much. Hazel was such a pretty little girl and I swear I saw my brother all through her. Tish simply carried her, they shared no physical traits.