Five.

Evie

"Why did you drag me here?" I questioned Tish as she pulled me into another store. I was tired as hell from the long hours I've been spending at work but this bitch insisted that we go shopping.

Yay me...

"Because you need some new damn clothes." She paused, turning to me and resting her hands on my shoulders. "I love you girl, but I'ma need you to wear more colors and not just black or this treacherous grey." She said wholeheartedly.

"Listen, you are gonna leave me alone about this shit and what's wrong with this grey that I–"

"Everything! Girl dark colors are cool but that's all your wardrobe consists of. Change it up and stop wearing those old granny looking skirts. You have a badass shape and you need to start showing it off so you can get you a boo." I rolled my eyes.

Oh here her ass go, I didn't have time for this bullshit. "Listen, I'm tired of having this conversation over and over again. I don't need no man, if he can't see me for me and only my body then I don't need his ass." I stated.

"Umm, how is he supposed to know what kinda person you are before he can even know you? He has to see how the body is slaying. Now hush and let me work my damn magic." I huffed as I took a seat in the corner.

I really didn't wanna do this but I see I had no other choice. "And I don't need a man!" I spat. "Bitch, yes the fuck you do! You been mean and shit for the last week, you need something to relieve that stress and a big ole di–"

"Shut up Tish!" I laughed and rolled my eyes playfully. "I do not need a man right now. I'm too into my career to even begin to think about men, if one happens to come along one day then that's fine, but I'm not going to go looking for one." I told her.

"Okay sis, okay." She said as she looked through the long rack of clothes. I pulled my phone from out of jacket pocket and checked a few emails. I opened a new email from Ashton who was out for the week because he was sick.

It was day two without him being in the office and I had to admit it was a lot more peaceful around the place. We didn't have to worry about pissing him off or hearing him yell at someone.

If you ask me he needs anger management, he stays pissed off at something or someone. I tried to avoid him at all costs because I knew my mouth was slick and I would fire his ass up if given the chance.

"Okay! I found you some outfits go try them on." I slowly stood to my feet and grabbed them from her. "I hate you." I pouted as I walked past her. "Oh, I love you too sis." I glanced back at her as she grinned.

——

I tried on about six different outfits and I had to admit I looked nice in them. "You lucky I liked these." I said as I paid the cashier for the clothes and grabbed my bags off of the counter.

"Oh please, you know you liked the way you looked in them." She wrapped her arm around my shoulder. Was I going to make this a habit? Probably not because I felt comfortable in the way I dressed but I guess it was kinda cool to wear something new.

"Girl I can see you at work tomorrow now, don't be getting a big head when you got all the niggas sweatin' you." We both shared a laugh. "Girl please, ain't nobody at that office sweatin' me."

That couldn't have been the furthest thing from the truth because the next day almost every guy in the office was at my beck and call.

They did whatever I told them at a drop of a dime "Evie would you like another coffee?" I looked up from my files to see August