Twenty-two.

Tish

My face scrunched up at him. I tried to mentally tell myself that he had all the right to be mad at me for keeping this from him, but I just couldn't just stand here and let him talk to me all crazy.

"First of all, you need to lower your voice and shut the fuck up! There's a child in the house." I wasn't about to let Martez upset my child because he couldn't control himself

Hazel couldn't take a whole lot of yelling, it made her nervous and causes her to have meltdowns. Her doctor said it was due to her being a preemie.

She was a sensitive child and my house was a new environment for her and I didn't need her to have bad memories here since it'll soon be her new home.

"I was about to give you the benefit of the doubt because I know I was wrong for what I did, but fuck you, Martez!" I said pushing his chest with my hands making him stumble back "You're the reason you don't know about your daughter. I was trying to save you from the heartache that I had to face." I said

"What heartache, you mean from you lying about you losing my kid just so you could keep her from me. I'm sure that really takes a lot of of a person, huh?" he said sarcastically

I couldn't believe he was really accusing me of that after how down I've been to his no-good ass. I know the current odds were stacked against me, I just still thought he'd at lease consider there was some kind of reasoning behind why I hadn't told him.

"You think I would lie about having a miscarriage just so I could keep her from you?" I questioned in shock

"Why else would you not tell me about my kid, you probably had your mama all in your ear and you kept her from me." he snapped

"Fuck you, Martez. My family doesn't know about Hazel, there are only four people who know I even had her. You're talking pure bullshit, when have you ever known me to side with my mother on anything?"

"Shit, how am I supposed to know. You've been a real different person since I got home." he scoffed

I stepped back in total disbelief "I'm different? Nigga, you don't know the shit I been through. Unlike you, I grew up! I damn near died right along with that baby. Our baby. When I got to the hospital that day, I was miscarrying and I had to have Hazel cut out of me. She weighed two pounds and had a weak heart. She was supposed to die. That's what the doctors told me, that she wouldn't make it through the end of the week. Day in and out, I had to watch her struggle to stay alive knowing that she could pass at any given moment" he looked sick but it didn't last long "I'm different? you damn right I'm different, stuck in the pass ass nigga."

He scoffed "Man, fuck you, Tish, you acting like you couldn't just tell me that shit, like having my daughter was some tip-top secret. Had I still been in jail, would you have ever told me?" he questioned

I kissed my teeth "What was the point? You probably wouldn't have wanted her to come to see you anyway." I rolled my eyes

"You don't know what the fuck I would've wanted! That's your fucking problem now, thinking you know what the fuck I'm thinking or feeling!" He snapped.

I glared at him, stepping forward I made sure to never let my eyes fall from his stare. Closing the gap between us, I said, "First of all, lower your tone speaking to me like that! I'm not your child and you're not gonna speak to me like I ain't fucking shit. Secondly, I was trying to save your stupid ass."

"Man I–"

"Don't fucking interrupt me! I have taken all of your shit since you came home and it's my time to talk! I was saving you from seeing her in that state, you know what the hell it's like seeing the baby you carried for almost 6 months hooked up to all kinds of tubes? She was on breathing machines, feeding tubes, she was as small as my fist! And at a time where I should have been celebrating that my child was making a recovery, I was depressed and barely able to take care of myself mentally,"