Chapter 30: Wife

Evelyn's POV

"Ms. Choi," she said.

I lifted my head up to see her and I was shocked. The person that I didn't expect the most was right infront of me.

Lisa Choi. She matured a lot from her appearance to the way she presents herself.

I stood up from my chair, still shocked to see her. In a brief second, I managed to compose myself and accept her hand. We shake hands.

"Welcome to our company, Ms. Choi." I formally greeted her.

"Thank you, Miss Anderson. Shall we start so we can proceed to the contract signing?" Ms. Choi said, all smiles.

The conference started. There are few people inside the hall, our stockholders, and some important people.

The contract signing went well. Ms. Choi invited us to have a celebration. I expected it to be somewhere peaceful but she instead invited us to a bar. Wala akong magawa but to say yes as sign of respect.

I am now sitting on the corner of the sofa, just watching them drink and dance. They keep on nagging me that I should dance and enjoy the night too but I couldn't. I don't have the mood to socialize.

Ms. Choi came back to our table while talking to someone over her phone. I didn't intend to eavesdrop but her voice is really loud because people are being wild here.

"Yes, baby, we're inside the bar. Sige, sunduin kita outside." She probably have a girlfriend or boyfriend waiting outside. Nagitla ako nang bigla siyang napatingin sa'kin. Their call ended. "My wife," she said, informing me that she was talking to her wife. Tumango lang ako, acknowledging what she have said.

I took another glass with a lady's drink and had a sip from it. I am just watching all these people having a great time. It's already 11PM, they all seem drunk.

"Let's go over there," I heard a loud voice and it was Ms. Choi again. She's with someone, I can't clearly see her face because Ms. Choi is blocking the view.

And when I am able to see her face fully, my jaw literally dropped. Nabitawan ko rin ang basong hawak ko kaya napasigaw ako. It's cold, tumapon 'yon sa skirt na suot ko. Immediately wiped it off although I know it wont work.

Ms. Choi approached me, giving me a tissue, tinanggap ko iyon at idinampi sa kung saan natapon ang pinaghalong juice at alak.

I averted my gaze back to the woman who's standing beside Ms. Choi. I blinked twice to check if she's real but I am still seeing her which means I am not hallucinating.

If she's real.. how? What the heck is happening? How did she.. just appear here? She was dead...

"Miss Anderson," I snapped back to reality when I heard Ms. Choi's voice.

"Yes?" I asked, composing myself. I feel kind of sticky because of the drink on my skirt but I still tried my best to look formal.

"Hey, magpakilala ka naman," bulong ni Ms. Choi sa kasama niya. My gaze landed on the woman beside her.

She then extended her hand. She's waiting for me to give her a handshake so I did. As soon as I felt her soft hands, I felt like there was a time machine that has sent me to the day I first held her hand.

I observed her face, she matured a lot but in a way that you'll see her as woman who have her life together. She's also wearing a black spaghetti strap dress that exposes her cleavage big time. Her dress is also fitted, showing the perfect proportion of her body with her tiny waist. I also noticed the changes from her height, it seemed that she grew a lot more.