reunited..5

"SONIAAAA!"

The magenta hedgehog sighed to herself, glancing at her slightly younger sibling," Yes, Manic?"

Said hedgehog was panting, his hands on his knees as calmed from the run he just did," When are we going to base? I'm really excited about my new drumsticks!"

Sonia put her hands on her hips, narrowing her dark brown eyes a bit," We'll go when we finish up here. Cyrus specifically said to get as much info from the system as possible before we head back. Now hurry up and check the perimeter! We can't be spotted!"

Manic groaned, putting one of his hands through his messy green quills," But I just checked it! No swatbots in sight or anything! We're clear!"

"Then go see if there's any other systems that we need to take care of. I'll call you on the radio when I finish.", Sonia turned back to the computer, checking how much longer it'll take the information to load onto the flash drive. It was at 40%.

"Finnnneeee.... I hope it hurries.", Manic huffed, him stomping out of the room.

Sonia shook her head fondly, another sight leaving her. Her brother was pretty impatient, almost like....

She paused, her heart squeezing painfully. Manic was starting to act a lot like their older triplet... Impatient, Confident... Although he still acted like Manic, he was a lot like the other.

It made her feel... sad in a way. Losing their brother impacted both of them deeply.. They both coped in different ways. This personality change in Manic was just one of those ways..

She snapped out of her thoughts to the sound of a beep, the download completed. It seemed a few minuted passed as she was in her thoughts..

She smiled, removing the flashdrive and putting it in her pocket. She then pulled out the radio, preparing to call her younger sibling about it.

What stopped her was a feeling, one that made her freeze. It felt warm, it spreading from her heart to the rest of her body. It felt... Like something was clicking back into place, as if something was returning to her.  She felt.. Whole again.

Apparently Manic had the same thing happen to him, her radio coming to life," You felt that too, right sis?"

She brought to radio to her face, her reply quiet," Y-yeah... That's... Weird."

"Yeah... And the medallion is acting weird, glowing and levitating and stuff. It seems to be trying to lead me somewhere.", Manic's voice was sounding a bit freaked, not that she was blaming him.

Her purple gloved hand was placed on her chest where her medallion was , warmth coming from the artifact. A soft glow could be seen through her clothes, the string acting as if it was trying to levitate. She pulled her medallion out of her shirt, it immediately levitating towards a direction. The glow was blue, unlike the usual pink glow that it was.

A yelp came from the radio, her quickly asking," Manic, you ok?!"

Manic replied by exclaiming," Yeah, it's just that Sonic's medallion tried to fly off! It seems to want to lead me to the same place as my medallion.

Her heart dropped, her eyes widening.

Manic always carried their brother's medallion in his fanny pack after he... Died. Sonia couldn't bare to see it after what happened...

With all three medallions acting up... Something was happening. Something that involved Sonic.

She shakily spoke, her voice quivering with emotion," y-you don't think.."

".... It has to be Sonic... I-i don't know why, but it feels like it's him... L-like he's back... Y-ya know?", Manic sounded on the verge of tears.

She steadied herself, a determined expression on her face," Let's meet up. After that, Let's go find out what our medallions want us to find..."

"Right!", with that, the conversation ended. Sonia smiled then, heading straight for the door. They'll find what the medallions were leading towards.. It might lead to some answers that they both seeked..

.

.

.

.

.

The seer smiled, his wise gaze watching the events unfold. The wheels of fate were turning, and with them destinies were about to collide once more.

With the prince returned to his rightful world, sooner or later the siblings will find one another. And with that, the prophecy could finally be fulfilled. Robotnik will fall, and the world will finally be at peace.

There might be a few hiccups along the way, what if the Guardian also having returned... But that was a small price to pay to see the end result..

He'll enjoy the expression that will form on the tyrant's face when the doctor realizes the old thorn in his side has returned..