Kingdom Hearts' new protector...

( here , have another crossover XD. I enjoyed writing this one :) )

They say falling into the void hurts. They think it supposed to feel like a hundred knives stabbing your body, your soul even. Every molecule should feel like it's ripping apart, a burn so hot it feels like you're in hell itself…..

Does it actually feel this way? No, not even close. It felt like a cool river, a gentle rainfall in a way. There wasn't any pain… It felt like all those years of suffering and pain faded away, leaving behind a faint ache that could barely be felt. He felt warmth, comfort even. 

It felt…. Nice. It was like a peace he'd never known before… In fact, it WAS a peace he'd never known.

He smiled, closing his eyesockets to enjoy the peace. 

That peace didn't last long, a kind voice whispering to him," Error, Your journey isn't done just yet…"

He opened his eyesockets in confusion, looking around for the voice," What? Who's there?!"

The voice giggled, the sound like bells to his ears," I'm a friend…. One that is in need of your aid, protector. My world… all worlds in fact are in danger. Worlds are falling into darkness… The heroes are struggling to stop it… They won't be able to succeed on their own. Please…. I know you've been through much to protect your multiverse only to be treated as a villain and exiled to the void… but, One more time will you aid a multiverse? We need you….."

Error tensed, his body rigid as he processed the voice's words. He gritted out, his eyesockets narrowing," Don't you know who I am then? I'm no protector… that's the inksplots job… I destroy things, not save them…" 

" We both know that's not true… yes, you were the destroyer. But you were only trying to save the others from total destruction. You were the true protector, Error…. "

"..... What is this darkness you're talking about? ", Error frowned, crossing his arms as he awaited the response to his question.

The voice was quiet for only a moment, answering soon after,"...... It is the heartless. The nobodies….. They are creations of the darkness. Husks of their selves…. They are harming the world's, making them blink out. Soon, I fear there won't be any worlds left to save….. " 

Pain was in their voice, their voice cracking as a slight sob followed their words. He recognized the emotion in their voice…. It was true anguish…. They must care deeply for these worlds to have that emotion…. 

He thought on this, looking at his hands hard. He had failed to help his own multiverse… Everyone thought he was a true monster, a being with no soul who only wanted to cause pain and suffering to the aus…. But… maybe he could get a 2nd chance…. One where he could prove himself as someone who just wants to keep others safe….. 

This could be his chance to actually save a multiverse….. 

He looked away, determination filling his broken soul. He spoke, his voice clear as he made his final decision," I'll help…. I may have failed once… but I'll be damn sure I don't fail again."

Another sob echoed, this one filled with pure relief," Thank you…. You don't know how much this means to me, Error…. I'll take you to the worlds…. First though… you need a way to battle the darkness.. Here… take this as a thank you gift from me.. It is called a 'keyblade', a mystical weapon that was made for the purpose of stopping the darkness."

An orb floated in front of the destroyer, a twinkling sound following it. The orb shinied brighter before forming into a giant key. The design of the handle was circular, spirals on the inside. The middle part of it had upside down hearts lining from handle to blade, blue strings of sorts looking like they were tied around the hearts. The hearts reminded him of souls, all of them a different color. The blade itself looked like a curved arrowhead, the inside having an upside down heart in it. The colors were red, blue, gold, and black. 

He admired it, eyesockets taking in reach detail. He reached up, gently wrapping his hand around the handle. It sparkled then, a wisp of pure light traveling from the tip to his hand and travelling up his arm. As it did so, his outfit changed. He was now wearing fingerless gloves, them a sapphire color. 

His coat had changed from it to a cloak, it a dark blue that faded into a midnight blue. A hood formed, it being a navy color. His scarf became a crimson red, the ends becoming gold. His shirt remained the maroon red it was, it now just a tank top. His pants changed, them becoming a midnight red color as well as becoming jeans. His sandals became kneelength boots, them an obsidian color with a bit of raven on the bottom. 

A pair of goggles followed suit, them similar to a futuristic visor. It was yellow in color, the visor-like goggle being pushed up onto his head.

He watched all this in amazement, having never seen a change like this before… 

Once the transformation concluded, the voice once again spoke," You're ready… you are now a keyblade master, able to battle the darkness. It will be a long journey to learn the ways of the keyblade… but once you do, I truly believe you will succeed. Do not give in to the darkness…. Fight it to save the light. One more thing…. Good luck, Error Time… And may the light guide your path.. "

There was a flash of light , Error having to cover his eyes to stop himself from being blinded. As it increased, his mind slowed. His sight faded, him losing consciousness in the void…..