Welcome to wonderland..

(Listen to the song of the same name while reading this, you won't regret it. I listened to it while writing this lol. Also this is a UTMV story :) (angst warning-))

Sniffles filled the air, soft sobs following in the quietness of the night. Tears slipped from the small rabbit's dull chocolate eyes, the tears soaking into their cream colored fur. They hugged their knees close, their back pressed against the cold bricks of the building that towered over them. They shivered as an icy breeze blew past them, snow flowing around them.

Their fur stuck to them, ice thickly covering their small shaking form. They cried more, the tears freezing to their face as they did. 

They felt sleepy…. Heavy even. How long had they been there in the snow? How long had they been stuck outside now…? They didn't know….

It stopped hurting after a while…. They felt numb now, the cold still seeping into their skin. 

A voice spoke softly, their gaze shifting slowly towards its owner," …. You must be cold , young one.."

Their gaze met a tall skeleton, them being taller than other monsters. The skeleton wore a long dark cloak, the hood up. In their hand they held a lantern, it's glow bright as it filled the area with a warm light. The tall skeleton's gaze was saddened… but also caring as they kneeled next to the small rabbit. Their hand gently rubbed their head, warmth coming from it. 

The younger whimpered, desperate for the warmth as they reached for the taller. The older smiled softly, lifting the smaller into his arms. He adjusted his cloak, making it to where the child was covered. 

The taller held the little one close, his voice remaining soft as he spoke," …. Let's get you home, little one…. You won't be alone ever again….. "

Soon the skeleton walked the way he came, the child looking up at him with tear filled eyes,".... But…. I don't have a home…."

The skeleton continued to smile at the other, a knowing expression on his face as he replied," But you do…  you just haven't been there yet…. "

Their eyes widened, a small shimmer of hope shining in their once dull eyes, their voice shaking with emotion as they asked," I-i do???"

The skeleton chuckled , his voice like wisps in the wind," Yes… Tell me, little one.. Where have you always wanted to go? It can be anywhere…. That will be where we go."

More hope shined in the child's eyes, a smile forming on their face," A-anywhere…? Even from my dreams??" 

The skeleton nodded,confirming the younger's question," Anywhere."

The little rabbit's lips quivered, more tears falling as they hugged the taller,".... Take me to Wonderland please… I-i wish to go there!"

" As you wish…" , The skeleton continued to walk forward, leaving the dark alleyway..

As they left, the glow faded from sight.. Leaving behind the small rabbit's form in the dark of night…….