Tougher than the toughies, smarter than the smarties 12

It was quiet…. Well sort of anyways. There was background noise… but the duck teen barely paid attention to it, him in favor of staring at his phone in thought. 

Where was his baby brother…? Louie's been gone for years… yet no sign of him or their uncle could be found.

Uncle Donald and Louie both remained quiet on their location, only saying ' It has lots of places to go to' or ' It's far from home '. No indication of where they could find them…

And his newly adopted cousins ( or at least they were his new cousins due to having just met them not too long ago) weren't much help in that department either. 

It was like..  Something was purposely keeping them away. Like something was purposely stopping them from telling the others the full story. 

… what did Louie even look like now? Uncle Donald too… 

The blue clad duck teen cracked a small grin, imagining his uncle looking older and his brother looking similar to himself but also different. 

He sighed then, his grip on his phone tightening a bit. They were so so close to finding them… yet there was more to go before they could.

It sucked… only knowing if they are ok in the form of the texts… 

His train of thought paused as he heard a knock on his bedroom door, him pausing in surprise. The knock was soon followed by the door opening, his older brother poking his head in with a small smile," Hey Dewey… you doing ok?"

Dewey grinned, easily masking his emotions as he gave a thumbs up to the red clad duck teen," I'm dewing great, Huey. What about you?"

Huey seemed to hesitate before walking in, closing the door behind him. Then he walk over to Dewey's desk, practically collapsing onto his chair as a heavy sigh left the older,".... I…. I'm worried. "

Dewey tilted his head, brows knitting together slightly in concern," about what??" 

Huey moved his hands around, as if trying to put his words together or something. When he seemed to figure it out, he spoke truthfully," Well… about how Uncle scrooge is gonna take the whole 'Uncle donald and louie texts' thing… I… I don't know how he'll react to it… especially after all he did trying to find them."

Dewey cringed at the thought. Yeah, that was pretty concerning… 

Scrooge did a lot of things to try to find them, he pretty much tore through the whole world. He looked in every nook and cranny, even going to the lengths of getting a magic user's help. That was some dedication, especially with how much Scrooge disliked it.

All didn't quite work… But he didn't give up looking.

Dewey could sometimes hear him mumble ' Can't let it happen again..' Under his breath when he thought no one was listening. The blue clad triplet figured out pretty quickly that Scrooge wanted to keep more family members from getting lost like the triplets mom…

".... Well, I imagine he'll want Uncle Donald's and Louie's numbers. Then, he'll probably yell at Uncle Donald on the phone and they'll end up yelling at each other. ", Dewey shrugged, his tone joking but also slightly having a serious undertone. 

Huey paused, staring at Dewey in surprise before a soft chuckle left him,"... You know… that's probably exactly what he'd do."

Dewey nodded, cheerfully replying with," Yurp!"

The brothers laughed a bit more, the tension in Huey's shoulders easing as they did. "Thanks Dewey… that helped.", Huey smiled.

"No prob-", Dewey's reply was interrupted by an angry Scottish shout of surprise. 

That was followed by said Scottish voice yelling," KIDS, LIVINGROOM RIGHT. NOW."

Dewey siblings looked at eachother, a knowing expression on their faces. 

"Looks like we're about to see his reaction…", Huey spoke quietly, him standing up.

Dewey stood up and stretched, nodding with a grin," Welp, time to face the music. Last one there is a rotten egg!" With that Dewey ran out the door, Huey yelling in suprise before following with a indigent ' HEY!'. That was also followed by Huey running after him. 

It sorta felt like old times… when him and his siblings just chased each other and had fun. 

They still do.. But it's not the same. Not without Louie or Uncle Donald. 

Hopefully one day… they'll find them. 

One day….