Once a hero, always a hero..

The stars shined brightly against the night sky, the lights of buildings matching it perfectly. Said buildings were as tall as mountains, made of steel and other materials.

The people below looked like ants from the tops of the buildings, what with their flying cars and others. They looked like dots from up there..

He smiled then, intaking a large amount of fresh air. The air was surprisingly clean up here… He sighed softly, his mismatched grey, yellow, and blue eyelights surveying the surroundings through his yellow visor. His visor could technically zoom in on below to show him a clearer image down there… But he preferred just… watching. It was one of the things he was good at afterall. 

A beep interrupted his moment of peace, him sighing in slight aggravation now. So much for relaxing… 

He sat up straight, being mindful of the ledge he was on as he crossed his legs. He lifted his wrist, the 103 communicator shining in the starlight. He took a deep breath to steady himself before he answered, a grin forming on his face as he spoke,” Code speaking. What’s up?”

A hologram appeared above the device, the face of an annoyed dog monster staring at the other through his mask,” Code, You’re late. Again.”

He rose a brow, his grin lessening exponentially,” uh… late for…?” He felt sweat forming, nervousness bubbling up in his soul. Did he forget something..?

The dog groaned, facepalming,” You forgot about the meeting at the park, didn’t you?”

Realization filled him as his eyes widened, him scrambling for the time as he quickly stood,” It’s that time already?!”

The dog huffed, an annoyed but fond look on their face as their visor changed the display to a squinting eye look,” If i had a nanobuck for everytime you forget meetings, i would be rich.”

Code whined, holding a hand to his chest,” Don’t be mean, Doggo! I was just distracted is all… I’ll be there in a giffy, ok?”

Doggo laughed at that, him shaking his head,” What ever you say… Also don’t call me that! We aren’t supposed to say our secret identities in public!” The dog voice went all whisper like, sending a look towards the skeleton.

Code waved his hand nonchalantly, his grin widening,” yeah yeah, i know…  ‘no acknowledging our secret identities , otherwise we will be found out yada yada’.. Whatever, I’ll see you in ten, paw patrol.”

Doggo growled,” You know my hero name is “ Captain Dog”! Why do you alway-”

Code waved , interrupting the dog monster,” See ya, captain.” The hero ended the call, the the exclamations of his companion fading as the hologram disappeared. He chuckled , him jumping from the ledge into a freefall.

As he fell, he swiped his hand through the air, particles following as they formed together into a break in the codes of the world. Code’s eyelight glowed brightly, golden wisps of magic leaking from it. The break acted as a portal, him easily falling through as he closed it behind himself. 

He quickly swung his legs below him, landing on his feet. He was now in the park, an unimpressed Doggo on the other side. He had his arms crossed, the visor showing annoyed eyes.

He could hear Doggo mutter ’ Showoff’ under his breath , him sassing in kind,” You’re just jealous that you don’t make stylish entrances, captain.” He stood, putting his hands on his hips with smugness.

The other huffed, looking away as red tinted his cheeks,” w-whatever.. Now that you’re here, we can go to the others and then to base..”

The shorter grinned walking up the the other and poking his cheek,” awww, you were waiting for me ~!”

The red tint increased, the dog monster quickly becoming flustered,” l-let’s just go already!” 

As doggo stomped away, Code followed, teasing the other quite easily,” you’re so cute when you’re flustered, Cap~!”

Doggo covered his face , a groan leaving him,” Stoooopppp… Why’re you always teasing me, Code! Why not the others?!”

Code shrugged, a grin on his face,” I always get the best reaction outta you, that’s why. Besides, i know for a fact that if i even tried to tease with al and Frisk, the latter would kill me.”

Doggo sighed, sending a look to the skeleton,”... That’s true, i guess… What about Knight?”

The shorter tilted his head slightly,” Undyne?... Nah, then Al would be mad at me for teasing her woman….. And i wouldn’t get outta there without a bruise if i tried. The lady knows how to pack a punch.”

The taller held a hand to his head,” you’re insufferable…”

Code smirked,” I know… Speaking of Al, how’s that visor she made for ya? Is it working good?”

Doggo seemed relieved by the change of topic, a smile forming on his face as he touched the device on his head,” It’s working great! I can see just as good as when i had my sight, even better actually! And there’s a setting the allows nightvison too!” The dog monster started ranting about how awesome it was, Code listening happily to it.

Al was really cool for helping the guy, even if she didn’t have to…. She’s done so much for everyone.. Himself included. Without her, his powers would be unstable, dangerous even..

Well, more dangerous than usual anyways. He chuckled at that, it unnoticeable to his companion. 

He’s grateful to all his friends, actually.. They all helped him in one way or another…

They were the best pals a guy can have, he was sure of it….

(I might turn this into a book so be on the look out for it >w<)