➳61

My love is like water~

The mermaid who was looking down, raised her head and met with his dark brown orbs

The mermaid who was looking down, raised her head and met with his dark brown orbs. "I'm sorry but I can't go with you."

Mark furrowed his eyebrows as he kept staring at her face which made her a little nervous. He properly stood, facing her and then asked in a cold tone, "What do you mean by that?"

She looked into his eyes, feeling a little cold suddenly because of the winds blowing. "I can't go back to Seoul with you guys. I'm sorry." Her head bended down, scared to see his reaction.

"Kiara, what are you talking about?" Yumi took a few steps towards but stopped when she saw Mark raising his hand telling her to stop.

The male was looking at her with a blank face as if he forgot how to react after hearing her. He put his fingers under her chin and made her look up. It was night time yet her face was visible because of the silver moonlight. Those eyes he saw when they met for the first time- they were glowing again in their own blue colour. "Are you serious?"

She nodded her head.

Others shared a look with each other, surprised.

"And what's the reason?"

"As you know I'm a mermaid and a princess. I have some responsibility towards my kingdom. Moreover, I didn't go to Seoul to settle down there. And you know right, how much my father despises humans? If he gets to know about our relationship, he will be really angry. Although you helped us to save Pweonghwa, that doesn't change the fact that you are a human. And Dad will never allow me to be with you. I also don't want to leave him without his consent like Dasom unnie did. When she left, Dad did become a lot upset and if I leave too.... I just don't want to give him the same pain."

The Canadian silently listened to her and then spoke up, "And what about me?"

"Huh?"

"You thought about your kingdom, your father and what about me? Am I a nobody to you?"

"Mark, I never said that..."

"Then don't leave me." His eyes softened as if he was pleading."I can't live without you. You know how much you mean to me, right?"

"It's the same for me too. But I can't help." Her throat drying up.

"But you are the one who who taught me what love is, you are the one who helped me to overcome my trauma, you brought me so much happiness. Because of you I changed so much. I got out of my little bubble only because of you. What will I do without you if you leave me just like that?"

Mark had always been a tough guy who rarely showed his emotions properly. Kiara was the first girl he laid his eyes on, rejecting all those girls who had been admiring him for so many years. She was the light the darkness of his life had longed for. She was like a blanket covering his coldness to provide warmth. She brought peace in his traumatic life. She truly meant a lot to him and he knew that he would not be able to love anyone else except her. His love for her was real. But after hearing that she would leave him, his whole world shattered into pieces. He couldn't help himself as tears swelled up in his eyes.