Chapter 17

City of Atlas, Conio AirBase
5:43 PM

"W-what happened?!" A girl with faded red hair ask in a confused yet alarmed tone.

"We have report that theres an attack at the central park of Atlas. Mam, we most likely suspect that it would be the new insurgent that formed in Mantle or either the White fang. They already have wreck havoc within the city!"

"Impossible?! How the hell did they pass through our security?!"

"I-I don't know mam!"

The woman clicked his tongue in frustration. "Inform squadron 4 to deploy to the city, Asap!"

"Right away mam!"

The sound of loud engine can be heard within the landing pad, Atlesian pilots begin to scramble to their Bullhead, quickly entering into their cockpit to starting up.

One by one, 7 VTOLS began to ascend from the ground and took off once it floats for a few seconds. They have orders to arrive at the hot zone where a small battle is currently happening, dropping their men and giving fire support while they're at it.

"You know the drills? Once we land down. Provide covering fire where the enemy is located while others will tend the wounded."

"Yes yes sir!"

"Good, i'll give you men some booze once we finish this mission!"

"Oorah!" Letting a roar from his men, the higher up Soldier look through the rectangular window of the Bullhead door. His eyes stares at the bullhead next to him.

'BOOOM'

suddenly. The bullhead he was looking burst into flames. His eyes widen to see the VTOL began falling down to earth.

"W-what the hell?!"

"Mantle 4 is down i repeat Mantle 4 is down! The enemy has Anti air units!" The pilot yelled through the comms alerting the rest of the pilot.

The remaining bullhead broke formation, they soon dive down towards the landing zone.

"15 seconds before landing!"The pilot remind the infantrymen behind him as they slowly touch down to the road.

Just as they could land, mantle 2 was struck to the neck by the russian sniper from above. The VTOL Swirl out of control colliding with Mantle 7, this resulted the two unfortunate bullhead and their passenger to explode into bits of metal and flesh.

"Go go go!!"

"Get out of the bullhead now!"

The scream of soldiers were heard as they began to pour from the remaining bullhead. 4 bullhead soon lift off, soon enough. Mantle 6 exploded from the sky by a projectile now slamming itself to the ground and burst into flames.

"Over there!" The pilot points directly at the target. A single russian man  who is occupied by reloading an rpg-7.

Mantle 1 unleash barrage of 7.92mm dust round to the unfortunate Rusky, riddling him with bullets before dropping down.

"Man down man down!"

"Grab our comrade's body, we must not let them study our weapon!"

"Da!"

The Spetsnaz team began to retreat, the sniper left from his position running down to go back to their own landing zone. Their fellow soldier drag the deceased man back to the LZ.

"Fiona, start up the bullhead while we provide cover!"

"On it!"

With that said, Fiona began to use her semblance while her friends defend her.

Spetsnaz began take their targets, firing burst round at the Atlesian units, The remaining bullhead began to appear. And once the Rpg was loaded, he shoot it at the bullhead only to miss.

"Were fucked comrade!"

Hails of rocket and and machine began to rain down at them, everyone shield themselves for the worse but...nothing happened. They soon look over to Roxa to see her kneeling with both of her hands on the sky.

A huge spherical shield materialize around them saving them from death. "Were alove my friend!" One of the Spetsnaz happily yelled.

"Guys, its done! Everyone get in!"

Fiona yelp, ordering them to get inside. Everyone run back to the bullhead and Roxa went in last. They soon took off from the ground and fled out of atlas.

But the 3 bullhead took chase, even with the spherical shield around them can block their attack. This of course would make Roxa passed out due to low semblance energy.

Minutes later, the 3 bullhead began to fire their rockets and machine gun at the fleeing VTOL.

"Going evasive maneuvers!" Lloyd announce the rest of his companion. He push the throttle and begin performing maneuvers.

Rockets, machine gun rounds passed Lloyds Vtol as he continue to dodge their attack, some of the attack manage to hit them.

"I-i can't hold on much lo- Gah!" She was cut off by being bombard by machine gun fire coming from the three bullhead.

"Sis!"

The spherical shield began to dematerialize after Roxa have used up all her semblance.

"Shit guess this gonna be difficult!" Lloyd grumbled, pushing the thruster's forward to accelerate even more.

As they continue to chase the fleeing VTOL, rockets continue to nearly miss the fleeing aircraft. Performing various maneuvers to dodge it.

But the four pilot didn't know... they have entered the Ultranationalist Russian air space.

'BOOM' 'BOOM' 'BOOM'

In a miracle, all three VTOL blew up sky high by unknown rocket.

The rest of the Hunters were shock yet terrified by the sudden explosion. Those VTOL just explode without even break out?!

'WHIRRRRRRRRR'

A familiar sound faintly echoes all over the fleeing Bullhead.

Three Mig-29 soared passing the fleeing aircraft.

As they were astonished by appearance, the radio crackled to life. This force Kir to run up to the cockpit, grabbing the radio then place next to his mouth.

"This is Kir of the Russian Spetsnaz Group. Were friendlies!"

"...we heard you, Comrade Kir."

"Cyka...Thanks for saving our ass out there!"

"Haha, no problem my friend, our boys will escort you back to base and tend your wounded."

"Affirmative."

Two Russian Migs turn back, now escorting the smaller aircraft back to the base where they will be treated once they land. The mission was a success...with a single casualty on their side.