Chapter 21

Middle east, Saudi Arabia, Fort Ihnasna
Few days after Yasir's death
Early 2010s

It has been days since Saudi Arabia's President was murdered by OpFor leader Khaled Al Assad. The death of the president surprised the globe, and it has, of course, awoken the sleeping eagle in the west, the United States.

Al Assad understood that his revolt would be easily put down by the coalition forces commanded by American forces, but this would allow Westerners to focus more on the Middle East and less on Russia's ongoing civil war.

It was one of the oldest military forts in the Middle East, located inside Fort Ihnasna in Saudi Arabia, dating back to the 1800s. Prior to the revolution, it was a popular tourist attraction for visitors from all over the world, as well as a forward operating post for the Saudi army.

But circumstances have changed, and the fort now belongs to Al Assad's OpFor resistance following the successful coup d'etat. The fort eventually converted into a training camp for recruits who would be prepared to become battle-hardened rebels to fight against western forces in the near future.

And this is where our lovely Y/n is at the moment. He is currently dressed in khaki brown training fatigues inside the fort with the other recruit. He and his trainee also were jogging through the desert while being screamed at by a Russian drill sergeant.

"Faster you fucking dickhead! Mohammad can run faster to preach than you faggot so get to it!" He yelled, observing Y/n and the trainee running around while panting.

"Shits hot as fuck.." Due to the hot desert heat, Y/n cursed softly as sweat streamed down his face.

The Russian drill sergeant whistled at the conclusion, mentally yearning for it to be over. Having everyone cease jogging."Alright maggots, take a break for 7 minutes before we go on fixing your body!" The Russian man yells another command.

All of the trainees started sprinting back, swiftly taking on their water bottle and drinking it all the way down to their mouth.

"Hey, what are you in for?" An Arabic young man questioned Y/n  who was drinking his water.

"Eh, my dad sent me here to be trained by both the OpFor and the Russians, you?" He responded, closing down the lid of his bottle.

"Came here to earn some money, I was kinda planning to join the Saudi Arabian army but. The OpFor took over." The Arabian man answered, leaning over to a nearby rock to shelter from the heat of the sun.

Y/n let out a sigh, he stretched his hands out to the man and said." The name Y/n Zakhaev."

"Fawzi el-Sesay. Nice to meet you, Y/n Zakhaev." He then took the boy's hand in his and began shaking it, his first friend in the training camp.

Middle east, Saudi Arabia, Fort Ihnasna
6th week of basic training.

Another week has passed amid all of that tough bodily training with moral support from the enraged Russian drill Sergeant.

In the week, they'll be doing a rifle training course as well as learning teamwork with the other cadets in order to learn more in warfare.

Just outside of the dormitory, scores of recruits were lined up in ten rows to fire an assault weapon at a distance of 100-150 meters from the target.

And they'll employ the ancient Soviet-era Kalashnikov Ak-74 assault weapon, which was introduced to the Soviet armed forces in the 1970s to replace their earlier assault rifle, the AKM.

"All right, next line!" The drill sergeant roared as the fifth row of recruits marched forward to the shooting range, in which the assault rifle had been left on the ground by the previous batch.

They went down and took the rifle that was resting against a cushion. They all reloaded the used mag with a new magazine, sliding it into the weapon and chambering it thereafter.

"Remember your training comrades! I don't want to see you bastard accidentally shoot yourself while we're here!" the Russian man warned them in a serious tone.

Y/n examined the rifle in his grip for a time well before chambering the bullet through the bolt and aiming at the target with the Ak-74's sight.

To avoid an accident, they are frequently obliged to shoot their target in semi-automatic mode during training.

A succession of bangs resonated throughout the shooting range as the ten recruits began firing their weapons with their bare hands, despite some of them eventually missing their target a few times, finally hitting the mock target. Y/n However, despite not being in boot camp, he was actually taught how to handle the weapon correctly by Ultranationalist soldiers back in the base somewhere in Russia.

"Mother of the Virgin fucking mary! It seems you shot that bastard dead center, im fucking impress with your skill private Y/N!" The drill sergeant said, praising the young boy although he was shouting in his usualy tons.

"Thank you, drill sergeant!" In response, Y/n shouted back to the Russian man to thank the compliment he received.

"You might just fucking join the sniper team or the spetsnaz if your lucky enough private! Get back to work!"

"Yes, Drill sergeant!!!" The young boy yelled again, before continuing to shoot the target with his assault rifle with a squeeze of the trigger.

••••

To be honest, to Y/N, two weeks felt like an hour. However, he was informed prior to enrolling in bootcamp that OpFor training often concludes at the conclusion of the eighth week before becoming a soldier in uniform.

Due to the lack of an official uniform, several recruits arranged themselves in a horizontal formation back at basecamp while wearing various pieces of equipment that the OpFor had provided.

Specifically in the second row of the horizontal formation, Y/N was present in the formation. He felt the sun's rays blasting at him and his fellow recruits, but thankfully a shemagh scarf covering his entire head provided protection.

"Congratulations recruit! You have become the soldiers of Allah who shall slay our enemies!"  While carefully moving in front of the formation and carefully checking each soldier, the drill sergeant yelled.

"In a few days, you'll be send into the frontlines against the remaining government forces in Medina!"

"Other than that, congratulations on your training. Ura!"

In celebration of successfully completing their military training in only 8 weeks, everyone including Y/N himself lifted their fists in the air with a roar of triumph.

••••••

A/N: kinda rush in this chapter, but fuck it. I also might change the Y/N into different one kek...cause why not

Anyways, heres Power