Chapter 20: Start the Mission

"Violence breeds violence." - overused phrase
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
???, Raechel POV

I've watched kingdoms built to last, and get destroyed in unpredictable war. I've walked in civilizations that challenged gods and then fall to ruin. Now there's you, who actually fought and now live with the blood goddess, refusing to become immortal like your friends. Why do you wish to live like this, spawn of Draedon?

My life is worth the same as my friends. A soul is still a soul. Even if it's as broken as mine, even if it was torn in two by my temporary death, even if my soul is just a mistake, it's still me. Becoming a normal Terrarian would kill my other half.

Is the shade soul even really you?

Yes it is, now what time is it?

Eve and Dylan are teaching today, and Crabulon no longer needs us to watch it as much. Do you need to wake up?

What's the time?

12:30 P.M.

Terrarian dorm

Opening my eyes I hurry my way over to team RWBY's dorm. Today Y/n decided that I'll be staying with them after classes today, but he wouldn't tell me why. I'm supposedly helping them with something. I know that I have three hours until classes are over, but regardless I will be there before I'm needed. Maybe I'll confiscate the Red Potions while I'm at it.

Upon reaching the room and opening the door, I find a little bat just sitting there eating cookies.

Me: Bianca.

The bloodmage panic shifts back into her normal self and points Viscera at me, until she realizes who she's pointing at and lowers her staff.

Bianca: Don't judge me.

Me: Why are you stealing from Ruby? You know she'll probably beat you to death with the swear jar again.

Bianca: Not if I don't get caught.

Me: You were caught, by me, stop.

Bianca sighs and hides the cookies back where they came from, and placed a gold coin on Ruby's bed. As she leaves the room she suddenly hugs me.

Bianca: I will protect you from fate itself.

With that, she just leaves the room. I stand there for a moment before realizing that I should probably sit down or something, not just stand in the middle of the room waiting for RWBY.

Timeskip

Weiss enters the room and almost screams. The others enter to seeing me just laying on the floor, using my body as a table, playing checkers with my shade. It just dawned on me that I probably shouldn't kill myself because I'm bored-

I stand up, dusting myself off and flicking checkers off my shoulder.

Me: I was told to stay with you today, and got bored... so I drank a Red Potion.

Ruby: WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!
Weiss: WHAT IF YOU COULDN'T JUST POP BACK IN YOUR BODY?!
Blake: That doesn't seem to be entertaining...

Me: It wasn't.

After a few seconds of awkward silence, they let me know they wanted to change so I hid in their bathroom until they were done. They started talking about what roles they were going to do in order to gather information about what the White Fang was doing. It was decided that I'll go with Weiss and Ruby. Then Ruby said something to hype us up, I wasn't paying attention.

???: Yeah!

We all turn to the window, with me having knives ready. Squatting in the window frame is a blonde monkey Faunus with a white button up shirt that isn't buttoned at all.

Blake: Sun?! How'd you get there?!

Sun: I do this all the time!

Weiss: WHAT!?

Sun: I climb trees all the time! So (jumps into the room) are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?

Yang: Yes we are, as a team.
Blake: We don't want to get friends involved.

Me: Then why am I here?

Ruby: Supervision? (She shrugs)

For them or for me?

Sun: That's dumb, you should always get friends involved, that's why I brought Neptune!

Looking out the window a man with blue hair and the definition of suave is standing on the ledge that the building has on the walls. The others started talking again and pulled him inside but I'm not going to over look this. You can't just appear on the side of the building and then not explain how; does he have a grappling hook, or climbing claws, or something with his semblance?? Suddenly Ruby is dragging both Weiss and I out of the room.

Timeskip, CCT Entrance

Weiss and Ruby are having a brief conversation about the CCT tower, which Weiss will use to contact her company for some records. Ruby dropped something and some girl with green eyes picked it up and gave it back.

Ruby: Penny? Where have you been?

Penny: Uh... no I'm some one else *hic*.

I stare hard for a few seconds, while Ruby chases after Penny, I guess her name is, and Weiss goes inside. I figure this is something I should tell the others, that there are gynoids on Remnant that aren't Terrarian. Pulling out a recall potion, I drink it and appear back in my dorm, where Bianca is... crying? Eve has just entered as well, we are both just wondering what could've caused the bloodmage to cry.

Me: Bianca, is everything alright?

She shook her head, but composed herself enough to speak to us.

Bianca: It's nothing you guys can help with, just give me some space.

We both leave the vampire in the room. Afterwards I informed Eve about the gynoid I found, and she told me about her meeting with the general of Atlas. Apparently the blackout happened while I was out, but it was successful.

Me: So Ironwood is likely behind the gynoid I saw... and he has an army...

"Eve": If you are correct, it is likely that he is following Teochrome's path, fortunately I implanted a fragment of myself into his scroll as a measure incase of my body's true death.

Eve+Me: We won't let our kind be enslaved here. Mission "Free Penny" is go.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Bianca POV

He's gone... he's actually gone. He was the true blood god, I was just a disciple... I will carry your will.

I don the mask I found in a deadman's chest, it is a pink boar mask with a crown.

Me: Woe to the people of order.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Rest In Peace Alex,

Technoblade never dies.