The Letter: October

Saturday, September 18th, 2021: If you're not planning on coming back please leave your keys in the mailbox

That was the text your sister's boyfriend sent me after I moved out that day. As you can clearly see, I didn't return the key. My name was still on the lease! I didn't plan on doing anything else to the house, but legally my name was still on that document meaning I had every right to go to and from that house if I pleased.

He did get his way a few weeks later. Once I received notice from the landlord that my name was officially off the lease, I drove to the property manager's office and finally returned the key. That was the first week of October.

Did you know I returned to the house while you were at work? On the 19th, the day after I moved out, I returned to see if I left anything else. I found a few items, such as my jar of homemade pickles and my glass bowl with a carrying case, but nothing significant. I did go up to see if I left my watch charger behind the dresser, and that's when I saw everything I needed to. Our former room now had a new bed frame and your ex-girlfriend's backpack of clothes by the closet door. It was nine in the morning, less than two days after our breakup. That's how I found out your ex moved in the same night I moved out. That's how I knew you were secretly messaging her and plotting with her during our relationship. That action summed up our entire relationship and your lack of feelings for me.

A month has come and gone since that night. In the letter I left you, it stated that you and your sister needed to start paying by mid-October. Neither of you started payments on your debt. I tried to play nice. I didn't block any of your phone numbers so that you could reach out about the payment plan. You wanted to play stupid games, and you won the stupidest prize. I got the lawyer involved. Remember how I said I have connections? Such a shame you didn't listen.

I spent countless hours crafting the perfect letter to send to you and my former roommates. Since you didn't want to pay such small amounts, which you verbally agreed that you owe me, I'll add in the rest of the money. I'll add on the loan I took to get the apartment because none of you could scrape together the money without stepmom's help. So much for you constantly complaining about her manipulative ways, the treatment from her and your father, the broken promises, and the pinatas she dangled above your head. Now your sister's boyfriend is also involved. Hope she will help him, too

My email to you was short and to the point. I know you haven't blocked me on email but why would I reach out that way? "Enclosed are the two documents as per your request. If you have any comments or concerns, please email them to me". That's all I said and then I attached the two documents. As per the documents, you had three days to respond. This little part was a bonus as discussed with my lawyer. Then you chose not to respond, so a certified letter was sent to your address, also known as our former shared address. I received the signed green paper back in the mail a few days later. Looking at the signature, I'm pretty sure your former Chelsea signed for it. Have you been filling her in on the situation? Is she going to help cover your debts like I did? Regardless, I'm glad you received my message. Do with it as you please. Either way, you have until November to start payments.