The Advice: November

Here comes November! Two months and you still haven't paid up. Now I'm just getting frustrated. I knew I should have just taken the phone when you threw it at me the night of the 17th, but I was too naive. I thought we could work things out and fix the relationship until I could at least get everything in order. Or at least until I was out of quarantine myself.

I know you were always brushing issues like this off. You owed your dealer? So be it. You owed your dad back rent? Who cares! The difference is, I'm not like your lifelong buddies or family. I'm the girl you will be regretting for the rest of your life. I don't think you realize how serious I truly am about this whole situation. I want my money. I want to make you feel a shred of the pain and humiliation you put me through. I'll never be able to recover twenty months of my life.

My lawyer told me that if I wanted to continue and pursue the now $4,004 and change owed to me I would have to take it to small claims court. It would have to be in the district court of the town where it occurred, which is walking distance from the old house. However, that would cost me more money. I'm already out so much. I only hesitated since the financial burden you put on me still had me struggling to pay for food and bills while in college. You are lucky that I was too much of an anxious mess to pursue further action. For now.