The Date: February

February is known as the month of love. I was sure feeling the love after I received a notice in the mail saying you retained an attorney. Three days before our court date. Last minute as always. Did you want to get a rise out of me? It worked. I received notice at the beginning of the month that the court date would be February 23rd at 2 p.m.. You had to have received it then, too. I can't tell if it took you that long to find someone who would take your mess or if it was just because you procrastinated finding one. I would make a cash bet that you are using step-mommy's money to pay for the lawyer.

Well since you retained an attorney I guess I have to find one myself. Thankfully I have the support of dozens of people who will happily help connect me to their friends. Just because the original lawyer I was talking to wasn't able to take the case doesn't mean I couldn't find one quickly. It took me two days to find a good lawyer, and it only took that long because I received the notice on the weekend. The best part is, I'm not spending much at all. After we met, the lawyer agreed to do the entire case through to court for nothing. The deal is, if the case draws out after court I will owe him money, which will be discussed at a later date. Not having to pay his $250 an hour is a blessing in disguise.

He says I have a good case with lots of evidence. He listened to me cry for over an hour, and I told him the story from start to finish. I think I scared him with some of the details. He definitely seemed interested in the safety of the toddler. He looked over my documents and said there was a good chance I'd win, but how much I'd win is a mystery

Now I just have to wait until the new court date comes in the mail. I'm so glad he was able to call and get a new date!

So, to you and the rest of the people living in the house, 'abcdefu'. This relatable song by Gayle was my mood for all of February. I will see you March 15th!