8. An Angel

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram!!

Username: authorfarahfekry

******

Maddox:

Damn, having a private shower feels like heaven.

Drying myself with one of the clean towels that Rose has neatly folded on the side, I enjoy the smell of her shampoo a little too much. I've never been close enough to her to smell it, but now that I've used it, I can't help but think that the lavender scent fits her perfectly. As I put on my boxer briefs I hear Rose sniffing outside and I tense.

Shit, she must have not forgiven me yet. I swear to god I wanted nothing more than to knock coach out so I'd run here to her. The last thing I needed was to break the trust she has put in me. I'll keep apologizing for as long as she wants me to until I'm forgiven.

Quickly putting on the rest of my clothes, I slip on a pair of dark jeans and a white T shirt before shoving my uniform in my bag and rush outside.

Rose is curled into a ball on her bed, her small figure shaking with uncontrollable sobs and it kills me that I'm the reason why she's in so much agony. "Rose? Rose, talk to me."

I make my way over to her in panic, my eyes filling with worry as I look into her fearful ones. "I'm so, so s-sorry."

"What are you apologizing for? Please stop crying." I kneel down next to her bed, my hands balled into fists to stop myself from reaching to her and pulling her in my arms. "Tell me what's wrong."

"I-I didn't know." She shakes her head frantically, refusing to meet my eyes. "I didn't mean to up-upset her. Please don't b-be mad at m-me."

I frown, unable to wrap my head around her words. "Angel, I don't understand. Please calm down. It's gonna be alright."

I have no clue what she's talking about but she's going to have a panic attack soon if she doesn't calm down.

"I tr-tried to explain. She wouldn't lis-listen. I'm s-s-sorry." She struggles to breathe and I can no longer take it.

Sitting in front of her, I place both hands at either side of her face and force her head up. "Rose, look at me. I need you to breathe. Can you do that for me?"

She blinks in surprise, trying to catch her breath and I'm glad that I have her full attention. "Breathe with me, Angel. Come on. In and out."

I take a deep breath through my nose and she slowly matches me, her wide eyes staring at mine, yet still pouring precious tears down her cheeks. "That's it. One more time."

A couple of deep breaths later and she's finally done sobbing, her breath still heavy but no longer dangerous. Removing her hair from her face, I wipe her tears away gently. "Good girl."

Her skin is so damn soft, and feeling it against my own makes my fucking heart pound. She's got me wrapped around her finger, my angel, and she doesn't even know it.

"You need to kn-know what hap-happened." Her eyes fill with tears again and I shake my head, my hands still moving through her soft hair. I don't know if I'll ever get another opportunity to touch her like that and I'm a dick for seizing it. "I need to t-tell you."

I sigh and scoot a little closer. "Okay, I'm listening. But only if you keep breathing."

"L-Lola called." I stiffen. "I picked up. I'm so sorry. She c-called eight times, I thought it w-was really imp-important."

"What the fuck did she say to you?" My voice is harsher than I intended for it to be, but that spoilt brat made my angel fucking break down.

"She thought y-you cheated. I tried to ex-explain but she wouldn't listen. She said she'll make you p-pay." She cries again and this time I say screw it and pull her to my chest.