14. Rose

Maddox:

Tyler and I are meeting Rose at the diner tonight. Ever since he breifly met her at the game a month ago he has been breathing down my neck for a proper introduction and I finally gave in and asked her. I was ecstatic when she immediately agreed with no hints of hesitation or doubt behind her beautiful eyes.

That past month has been amazing with her. All my time has been amazing with her actually. We spend a lot of time together, and she smiles and laughs most of the time now. I feel so fucking proud of her and of myself for being the reason behind most of those smiles.

Thankfully, that Jeremy dick hasn't shown his face to either of us again after that one encounter and I'm fucking glad, because I'm not sure if I'll be able to not fuck up his face if I see him a second time.

The weather is much warmer now, and my angel seems happy about it. I told her I'll pick her up tonight but she refused, telling me that she can't be afraid of walking alone forever. I agree, but it still makes me feel worried as shit.

All my worries fly out of the window, however, when Tyler and I step into the diner and I see her chatting with Melody, the middle aged sweet waitress that serves us every time we come here. My Rose has a beautiful smile on her face as she talks animatedly with the woman and I feel pride swimming through my veins again.

"Oh, here they a-are!" Rose spots us and waves enthusiastically, looking as much of an angel in her white dress as the first time I ever saw her, almost two years ago. If someone had told me back then that we'd be here today I wouldn't have believed them. She had always seemed like such a dream so out of reach from a mere human like myself. But now I get to see her everyday and my dream seems closer than ever imagined.

"Hey, Angel." I greet her with a grin as I scoot in beside her before dropping a kiss on her cheek. She blushes in response and I fucking love that. "This is my best friend, my childhood friend and my roommate, Tyler."

She smiles shyly at him with a small wave. "I w-wanted to thank you for the other n-night. That g-guard wouldn't have h-helped me reach Maddox."

"No thanks necessary at all." Ty grins as he sits down across from us. "So tell me how he's been treating you? Is he nice to you or do I need to kick his ass? I'll gladly do it if you just say the word."

My angel giggles then shakes her head. "No ass kicking ne-needed. Please don't do that. He's v-very nice indeed."

Ty's grin is directed at me this time. "I've raised you right, my boy. You make me proud."

Rose laughs. "H-how long have you b-been friends for?"

"Too long, if you ask me." I mumble and she elbows me in the side, mouthing 'that's rude' with a cute frown between her brows.

Tyler breaks into a loud laughter and Rose flinches slightly before relaxing soon after. "We've been friends since kindergarten actually. We're like soulmates, really."

Grumpily, I shake my head. "You're my brother, yeah, but you're not my soulmate, dude."

Mischief swims in Tyler's green eyes before he smirks. "You're right. I forgot. Your soulmate is an angel."

I narrow my eyes at him and the dickhead looks like he's about to burst into a fit of laughter.

"Is he talking about the girl you're in love with?" Rose asks with a soft smile on her face that looks somewhat sad and I almost groan at how oblivious she still is. I've been dropping hints left and right for her and she's so damn oblivious it hurts my brain sometimes.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Is she still not ready?" She asks with a cute little pout that I want to kiss more anything and I honestly don't have an answer to her question. Sometimes I think she actually might be. Other times I feel like if I let her know she'll run and I'll never see her again. So I just shrug.