29. One Day

Maddox:

I wake up before my angel, and as I watch her sleep soundlessly in my arms I form a plan. One that I can't fucking wait to see through.

In order to do that, however, I'd have to leave her alone for a little while, and I promised myself and her not to do that. After last night, there's no way in fuck I'm even trying. Which makes my plan a lot fucking harder.

Moaning softly, Rose wiggles around against me, my Tshirt riding up to her hips, and I get a perfect veiw of her creamy thighs. I can't blame my dick for going hard the moment she smiles at me and moans my name like a damn siren. "Maddox?"

"Good morning, baby." I drop a quick kiss to her lips and she blushes. "Did you sleep well?"

"Like a rock." She yawns, stretching her muscles and I keep staring at her in my Tshirt like a creep.

"It's not the first time I've worn your clothes. You don't have to drool." She giggles sassily and my eyebrows rise.

"Someone is in a good mood." I grin at her, my heart so fucking happy it could stop. I want to wake up to her for the rest of my goddamn life. Seeing that beautiful smile first thing in the morning in my new fucking mission.

I remember a time when I used to watch that smile from afar, full of happiness and life and hope. I remember when I used to sigh dreamily as I watched her laugh and wondered if I would ever be the reason for that happiness. Now I am, and the happiness on my angel's face is radiant, and sincere, and all fucking mine.

"I am in a good mood. Because I love you, and you make me really happy." She caresses my cheek softly and I'm about a minute away from pounding my chest in pride.

"I love you more, my angel." I hug the life out of her until she shoves me away.

"You'll break my ribs one day." Rose whines with a beautiful laugh that has my entire body buzzing with energy.

"I wouldn't dare." I grin at her, staring a little more before I sigh in content. "Want me to get you some breakfast, love?"

"No, it's okay. Let's change and eat with everyone." She gets out of bed and stretches some more, meowing like a little kitten.

"You sure, baby?" I have to ask.

"Yes, I am." She confirms. "Come on."

"Alright." I hop out of bed and we both head to the bathroom to get ready.

Breakfast goes smoothly with everyone around the table chatting friendly. My Rose keeps her hand in mine the whole time and I'm fucking delighted that she seems a lot calmer and at ease than yesterday. She still flinches a little when someone gets too loud, or is about to grab something on the table in front of her, but she relaxes soon after with a beautiful smile.

After breakfast, my father and hers decide to play a game of chess in dad's office, and the rest of us gather in the living room.

"I'll talk to Mama real quick, okay?" Rose gives me a quick kiss on my cheek before unwrapping my arms from around her waist and standing up. I frown at the loss of her touch.

"Mama. Come with m-me for a minute?" She stretches her hand for her mother to talk and they both walk out of the living room leaving me with a pout, my eyes trailing after her.

"You look like you're about to either cry or shoot her mother in the head." Tyler states, making everyone laugh, and I direct my glare at him.

"Don't look at him like that." Peter defends. "The man is speaking the truth, Theo. We get it now, you're too whipped."