Chapter 9 The Prophecy

When you realize that you haven't even given the readers the prophecy yet. 

 "WHAT?!" Amber and Yeti shouted. Blackpearl ducked away from them and covered her ears. Shard jumped back, bumping into Stonefly.

"My ears, why do you have to be so loud and obnoxious all the time," Blackpearl said. Cherry covered her ears too, annoyed, but Boriel sat there and just stared at them.

"Anyways, sit around this area and we will recite it to you," Pine said. They all sat eager to hear it.

"When the darkest days have casted over,

The dragonets will come,

When the Scorch has been renewed and revived,

The dragonets will come,

Find the egg covered in snow,

You will find the one that glows

Search for the egg hidden in the blue,

The true blood it holds is what we knew,

For the one of the sand, look in thorns,

Listen to the wise one, and what it warns,

Hidden beneath the Hive in the sky,

The HiveWing egg has come alive,

The brightest moon will lead you well

Where there lays a blood-red shell,

Stars of the night show you the way,

A Nightwing egg has come stray,

Journey to the mountains high in the sky,

The egg wait for your seeking eyes,

Cross the river to find the leaves,

That shields the eggs from the thieves,

These ones will bring down the Shadow,

And bring back the light

They will take away the sorrow,

For they know what's right."

When he finished there was silence. Cherry looked at the floor. Someone put their talon on her shoulder. It was Shard; he looked absolutely devastated.

"Are you su-re that's sup-posed to be us?" he stammered.

"Yes. Weren't you born right underneath a Hivewing hive instead of in it?" Snowstar answered patiently.

Shard nodded timidly. "My mom told me..."

"Well then what about the rest of us! And there are more dragonets in those lines then we have here now! And how do you know that we came from the right eggs?!" Amber pointed out loudly.

"Well some of you are hybrids. The eggs fit both of the traits. Also, we've been monitoring you since before you hatched." Pine said. Amber shook her head and looked down. Yeah, totally not creepy, Pine, Cherry thought. She looked up and realized Blackpearl was still shivering in the corner. Yeti got up to go hug her but the second he touched her she brushed his talons aside.

"I'm going to the library if anyone needs me," she said, her voice cracking. Blackpearl ran down the hall and into a room. Boriel tried to run after her but Starflower held her back.

"She needs time," she said. "In fact, we all probably need some time. Why don't we all go to bed now?" She asked, they all nodded. The dragonets walked there in silence. It was only broken once by Amber growling. When they reached their room Cherry plopped down on her bed. Shard sat down next to her.