Chapter 23,The Nightwing and Shard

A few days had passed, but Cherry still had not figured out a good way to approach the Nightwing. And Rose still didn't think that tricking Oak was a good idea. So instead of being productive, Cherry paced the many porches of Oak and Rose's home worrying.

What if we arrive too late and they kill Starflower? Wouldn't it be my fault for not talking to the Nightwing? But what if he lies? I already know Shard won't let me use my magic to make a lie detector. But what if the Nightwing is good and he is being used by Oak JR? What are we going to do!? Her thoughts spiraled. They'd been looping for hours on end. Cherryblossom hadn't even eaten lunch yet. She stared out into the sun of the Rainforest. The view was magnificent, the house was up in the sky, hanging from several tree canopies. She couldn't see the ground though, the trees were too thick. It was like a little enclosed world. My world. Cherry thought peacefully. A single tear slipped down her cheek and she watched as her scales changed from their normal green to a deep blue. Just like the Seawing paint we used to save Blackpearl.

Suddenly, she heard the porch door creak open. A yellow and black dragon stepped through the doorway. He smiled at her knowingly.

"You're worried about the interrogation right?" Shard asked.

"I guess you could say that," Cherry replied.

He stepped closer to her. She tensed, she could smell the disticent fruit smell wafting off his scales. "Can I tell you something? It'll make you happy, I promise."

She nodded. "I don't actually like Amber." Before she could say anything to that, he closed the gap between them. Cherry didn't back away.

The kiss lasted a minute before a squeal was heard from the balcony above. Both of them turned and saw Rose standing over them.

Cherry scowled at her. "MOM! Can you give me one minute of privacy?!" She yelled.

Rose smirked and responded. "That was your first kiss wasn't it?"

Cherry blushed. "Yeah..."

Shard pulled her closer to him. "Mine too." Cherry watched as Rose proceeded to squeal again. When she shot her another look of death though, Rose stepped back inside the house.

Then the couple burst out laughing. "My mom is so weird!"

"So weird," Shard agreed.

Cherry looked at the ground. "So what now?" Shard lifted her head up so could look at him again.

"So, I may or may not have a hypothetical question for you. If a dragon wanted to ask you out, how would you like them to?" He blushed.

"Well, I only have one dragon that I'd say yes to, no matter how they asked," Cherry replied.

"Is that dragon named Shard?"

"Yeah."

"Cherry, will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?" Cherry nodded so hard it felt like her head was going to fall off.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to ask me this!" She cried happily.

"Well now that you have your romantic life figured out, we can make a game plan to talk to that Nightwing."

"Of course. Let's go."

......................................................

Cherry stared at the sign. Prisoner in this room, please don't open the door, thank you!😀 Her shoulders tensed as she thought about what she was about to do. Shard grabbed her hand. "We are going to do this together," he murmured. He placed his talons on the doorknob and twisted. The Nightwing came into view of them.