Epilogue The Vision

Blackpearl's POV

The living room was stuffed with people. That meant a lot, given that the walls were 15ft high and the room was half the size of an adult dragon. Rather impressive by human standards. Or scavenger standards, as the dragons called them.

All the guests were happily chattering away among themselves, and the Emperor Shadow was trying-and failing-to get their attention.

Sunlight, the emperor's wife swung a huge mallet onto a strange musical dragon contraption. It looked a lot like the human drums, just bigger, and facing the wrong direction. The device let out a loud ringing noise that echoed along the gold and silver walls.

The noble men and women turned towards the leader, who cleared his throat and looked out over them. He squinted in the bright light of the chandeliers.

"My loyal people!" The Emperor of Shadow started, "for years we have battled the dragons in secret, hoping to someday conquer the world. Having me-um us- in power, as it once was and always should have been! We will be restored to our true glory."

The humans cheered and he waited a moment to let them savor the thought of a human-ruled world.

He continued on. "But let me remind you that the dragons are powerful. The most powerful being the Snow Dragons! Why? Because we have never been able to travel to the distant land that is their kingdom. Many dragons live in difficult places, dangerous places. Yes, but we've had methods of reaching even the Sea Dragons. Snow Dragons though, are secluded in the icy death trap they call home."

The crowd shifted uneasily. The murmurs of distrust boomed throughout the small space.

"However," the king started again, the whispers dying down. "We have recently caught THREE Snow Dragons. The scientists are now testing them to see how they survive in this climate. They will find methods so that we too can survive there. With this, we can set a trap, and other dragons will come to save the Snow Dragons from us. But! We will thrive in the snowy world and they will all die a horrible death!"

The crowd was silent, taking in this information.

"The point is, loyal humans... we will soon conquer all of the arctic, and then THE WORLD!"

The people cheered and the Shadow Emperor stood there, in the light of the candle chandeliers, drinking in the admiration of his people.

.........

Blackpearl sat up quickly. She was shaking as she looked around the room. It was completely dark, not even moonlight shone through the tent walls.

She stumbled out of her sleeping bag and crossed the room to where Boriel was sleeping.

"Boriel!" Blackpearl whispered, shaking her awake. Boriel grunted unhappily.

"I had a vision!"

Boriel wearily opened one eye. "Great," she muttered. She flopped back down on the blankets.

"It was about the..." Blackpearl bit her lip uncertainty. Should I tell her? "The scavengers are planning something."

Boriel pushed herself up. "I'm awake. Tell me everything."

What Cherry looks like. 

I don't know who owns these so please tell me if any of you find out. I did not make them and are not taking credit.

 I did not make them and are not taking credit