Chapter 12 Family Reunion

Almost 2000 words of complete drama. Enjoy!

None of the dragonets liked Oak JR. They all wanted to aggravate him.

Cherry smirked. "Hi, brother! You know, when I escaped and was all like, 'yay now I can find my family!' I didn't imagine it like this! Ha!"

"Yeah, Oak JR is worse than my aunt!" Blackpearl grinned. "You know, Queen Aqua?"

Oak JR looked ready to explode. He turned around and banged on the cell's door. "PIPSQUEAK BRING A WHIP IN HERE! I NEED IT RIGHT AWAY!"

A giant dragon walked in with a shiny black whip. Raising above his head, he brought it down towards Shard. At the last minute, Amber jumped in front of the whip and caught it in her mouth, then gave her head a jerk, sending a surprised Pipsqueak flying.

She rubbed her jaw, muttering curses at Pipsqueak. Shard glanced at her in surprise. "Wow. Hardcore."

Oak screamed in frustration and stormed out slamming the door behind him. Pipsqueak meekly followed.

"Why are we making him mad? He seems dangerous when he's mad..." Shard asked nervously. They all nodded quietly, and looked at Cherry doubtfully.

"Dragons don't really think straight when they're mad," Cherry explained quietly. "Besides, we want to hit him where it hurts. We need to eventually get out of here."

They sat there in silence, the only sound coming from outside. The spider monkeys screeched and the owls hooted. Cherry looked around for an escape, and felt the walls for secret passages. It was no use; the only exit was the door they'd come through before.

She settled back down, next to the tapestry Blackpearl and Boriel were sharing. Yeti was breathing slowly, ice and snow coming out his nose. Shard was quietly shuffling and picking through the golden pitchers, mournfully dreaming of planting citrus trees in them.

Altogether, it was rather relaxing, besides the fact that they were prisoners, and Cherry found herself close to sleep.

Her eyes were closing and she was about to nod off when the door flew open with a BANG!, and Pipsqueak jumped in. He stomped over to the corner of golden flasks that Shard had moved over to and grabbed Shard. Shard dropped his golden containers, causing a racket. The other dragonets were fully awake and started towards Pipsqueak.

Amber was fastest.

Amber instantly leaped at him but she missed by an inch and hit the wall instead. She slid down the wall, grasping her shoulder.

Blackpearl jumped onto Pipsqueak and squeezed his tail, her talons crushing ino his scales.. He cried out and dropped Shard who scrambled backwards into Yeti.

Pipsqueak stood up and ran for the door, only noticing Boriel at the very last moment. He raced towards her with claws slashing but Boriel was fast she wacked him with her tail and he flew across the room. He immediately got back up and ran at her again this time aiming for her wings. He dove at her and pinned her to the floor. His talons glinted above her, before slicing open her wing. Boriel fell back and tumbled to the floor, and clutched her wing with a small groan. Blackpearl and Shard jumped up and ran at Pipsqueak but he had already shut the door.

They raced back over to Boriel. "Are you okay?" Cherry, Blackpearl and Shard asked in unison.

"It's just a scratch," she murmured. It wasn't just a scratch. Dark red blood was oozing out of her wing. Cherry turned ice blue. Blackpearl held Boriel in her arms, who gave her a weak smile.

"We need to bandage that," Cherry said, reaching for her bag. When she couldn't find it she whipped her head around and groaned. "They must have taken my bag when they kidnapped me." Blackpearl sighed and everyone turned around to face her.