Chapter 12

Vincent's P.O.V
It was already Wednesday and school was over, I walked outside of the doors of the school and looked around trying to get a glimpse of Renata but I didn't so I shrugged my shoulders thinking I finally had an excuse to skip this stuff anyway.

As I was leaving the building I heard a honk from behind me and turned around to see Renata in her black Bugatti Chiron super sport.

Renata's car 👆

Renata's car 👆

She has a cool car but I barely knew anything about cars. She gestured for me to get in and so that's what I did.

I entered the car and took a few minutes to look around, she wore a green military shirt with black ripped jeans and a white beanie. I had to admit she did look cute but I wasn't going to tell her that and of course her signature boots.

"Hi" I said with a smile trying to start a conversation
"Why didn't you call or text?" She asked
"Oh I kind lost your number" I said fiddling with my fingers.

She stretched her hand and I stared at her not exactly knowing what to do. When she kept her hand there I decided to shake it. And she gave me a look before slapping my hand away
"Your phone" she said and my mouth formed an 'o' shape. I am bad at taking hints.

I gave her my phone and she put her contact info in it then she sent herself a text from my phone.

"Where are you taking me to?" She asked and I looked at her
"But you're the one driving" I said
"Did you forget today's date?" She asked and I remembered that I was supposed to be taking her out for dinner.

It's still too early for dinner but whatever.

"I know a Cafe a few blocks from here" I said and she nodded while I showed her directions.
"Here?" She asked and I nodded.

We got out and I picked a table for us after that. I went to the back of the Cafe and grabbed an apron, so I went back to our table with a menu in hand and I handed it to her.

Renata's POV
I sat there pouting like a kid while Vincent worked. Can you imagine? He left me here to eat alone while he worked. Didn't he get the memo that this was supposed to be a date.

What kind of guy takes a lady out and works throughout the date. At first I really didn't want to do this dare but now he just turned that around.

Oh he is definitely gonna get a girlfriend,I thought to myself with a smirk.

After our "date" he paid for my meal and he was about to leave when I stopped him.

We were both outside now
"C'mon I'll give you a ride" I said and he stared at me
"You're aware I'm going home right?" He asked.
"Yeah" I said in a duh tone
"Sure, Ok if you insist" he says. He doesn't even play hard to get.

We got in the car and I dropped him off at home. After dropping him I didn't know where to go. I certainly didn't want to go home.

Darcey and Dad would be there acting all lovey dovey and the perfect daughter Viola would be busy fooling some dumb idiot or doing stuffs with her minions. I just felt so out of place in the house I had to call home.

So I drove to the graveyard and parked outside, I didn't have the strength to go in, I wasn't ready to face mom yet because I knew I wasn't the daughter she raised, spending nights at parties, drinking non stop.

When Mom died a part of me left with her and I am yet to get that part back, I just feel like a lost soul, so alone, so-so fragile.

I looked at the backseat of my car and saw the bottles of beers and alcohols I had bought trying to drown my sorrow. I started the car again and I drove to a familiar lake.

It was a beautiful sight and to me the lake was like home, mom, dad and I used to come here alot back then but when mom fell sick we just stopped coming. I still come here most of the time.

Sometimes it made me feel that mom wasn't gone that she was still here with me. I took out a locket that mom had customized before she died at one side it had my loving daughter and the next it was a picture of mom and I.

I started crying knowing that I would never see her beautiful smile. I remember even when she was dying the glint in her eyes were still alive.

I grabbed a bottle of beer and like every other night I decided to start drowning my sorrows. Gulp after gulp.

Did I feel happy? The truth is I had no idea all I felt was numbness. I pulled out my phone and blasted music, I swayed left to right with a bottle in hand while imagining my Scottish Jerk boyfriend again.

A/N: ehh this chapter wasn't all that great but I was trying to give an insight of Renata's life, I wanted to let us know that everyone had problems even if they weren't making it known by building walls around them or like Renata drowning herself in alcohol or Vincent drowning in books and cutting himself.