Chapter 20

Vincent's POV
(Flashback)
I stood still as I stared at her body and then at my dad and the next thing I knew I was running my small mind might not have been able to comprehend alot but one thing I knew is that she was gone.

I saw her face pale and Dad kneel in front of her and letting go of the last piece of the vase and to me that was letting go of the last hope that she was alive. 

And just like that I was running, I had no idea were I was going but I knew I wanted to get away from what become my new reality, my small feet couldn't carry me very far and I eventually bumped into a tall figure.

Well the figure was definitely not that tall I was just so small. The person wore a long brown trench coat. After staring up for a while I tilted my head a bit trying to get a look at the figure.

And all of a sudden I heard the pitter patter of the rain and just then the figure squatted, It was a lady she had golden brown hair

She had bright red lips and a mole just on top her upper lip, she was beautiful.
"Hello there little one" she said with a beautiful smile which just complimented her face.

I remained silent not knowing what to say "Where is your parent?" She asked and I just shook my head

"Where is your parent?" She asked and I just shook my head.
"You don't know where they are?" She asked but I remained silent.

She let out a sigh at that
"Do you want to come with me?" She asked and not knowing what to do I nodded because I didn't want to go home.

She took me to her car and she drove us to a small brick house, though it was small it was beautiful, warm and cozy it reminded me of what my house used to be.......a home.

She grabbed a towel from inside the house and tried to dry my wet hair after I had changed into a set of female clothes that where my size since that is all she had.

She gave me a mug of hot chocolate and it was tasty. We sat in front of her fire place and after a while of trying to make me talk she started talking.

She was sharing information about her personal life with a 5 year old.
"You know I have daughter that is the same age as you" she said and I looked at her listening as she wore a fund smile on her face as she talked about her daughter.

"She is the cutest little thing but it seems she has found a competitor" she said as she turned to me with a grin and I knew she as referring to me.

Even though she got absolutely no reaction she seemed unphased and continued
"My name is Hannah Levine, I'm 28. My favorite color is Mulberry, I have a daughter and a husband" she introduced herself and didn't ask for one back.

The next morning I woke up and the sun was shining brightly, it was still summer and something smelt delightful. I stood up from the bed I didn't remember falling asleep on. I walked out of the room and followed the smell to be met with eggs and bacon on the kitchen counter and Hannah just about to sit down.

With a smile on her face she told me to join her, we had breakfast and she took me back home after I finally spoke and told her my address.

She dropped me off and explained to Dad. After a few days dad started blaming me for the murder of mom. I was slowly believing that too that I had murdered her, his words deceiving my memory.

Everyday and every night he never failed to remind me of who I was, a murderer but the only thing that kept my sanity, that made me feel human and not the demon dad portrayed me to be was Hannah.

I still didn't talk much but she stayed she did all the talking, she never pressured me to talk and for that I was grateful. So whenever dad and Victor left the house I always found my way to her doorstep seeking comfort and warmth that I have come to lack.