Chapter 24

Vincent's POV
We finally came back home after doing a bunch of stuff, I had to admit I did have fun. Viola had left and it was just Renata, Victor and I now.

She was about to leave but she seemed a bit reluctant "Hey Renata want to stay for a while?" I asked her and she seemed to contemplate for a little while until she finally nodded.

"Outside?"
"Outside"
This wasn't the first time Renata and Viola had come over since I was discharged from the hospital. Most of time Renata and I would just stay outside and lay on the grass with our arms and legs spread while staring at the sky.

"The skies are empty today" Renata said and I nodded and replied "What a bummer"
"So.........." She started
"So............." I replied back having no idea what to say.

"Thanks for letting me stay for a while" she said
"You can tell me. You know" I said reassuringly. She looked at me skeptically "No judgements" I said and she repeated.

"My mum died when I was 12 and a few years back I started drinking because that was the only way to let it all out" she said as she let a tear slip.

I grabbed her hand while she silently cried. Usually people would apologize but I thought saying sorry wasn't going to help her in anyway.

I raised the sleeves of my grey cardigan and showed her the marks I had made "I cut myself because it's the only way to escape my past" I said to her and she looked at my arm.

We stayed silent while we stared at the dark sky. Both our hearts had holes that we wished so badly to get rid of.

We found comfort in each other for reasons unbeknownst to us. I felt like I could share everything with her, even things I couldn't tell Victor. So everyday we laid under the same sky and shared everything and anything.

We found our safe place in each other and we weren't going to give that up.

**********************
"Vincent are you ready for school?" Victor yelled from the kitchen. He finally took up the duty of making breakfast. 🙄Took him long enough.

"Almost" I yelled back as I laced my shoe. Everytime I laced my shoe I couldn't help but to sing the song mom taught me. I heard a chuckle from beside me
"Are you singing?" Viola asked

"No!" I protested with a pink tint on my neck. "Sure" she said but gave me that look that let me know she knew I was lying

After Victor made breakfast we all ate and headed of to school. As usual Renata was driving. Renata and Viola had gotten used to coming over every morning.

I had my rehab exercises every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Wednesdays. At first it was tough and I was a tad bit reluctant since the hope for my legs were practically lost but Victor, Renata and Viola helped me through it and for that I'm grateful.

We finally arrived at school and Renata volunteered to wheel me even though I told her I could do it myself. We all had first period together so we were headed there. There were more than a few whispers and we obviously couldn't shut them up so we kept going.

As we kept on going to girls with bleached blonde hair that were on the cheerleading squad chuckled very loudly, obviously trying to grab our attention 
"Isn't that Renata and that four eyed kid" the first one which was as a pale and flat as a board said to the other which was slightly tanned

"He isn't only four eyed, he's now crippled" the tan one replied as they both chuckled like something was funny. What they said hurt a bit but they weren't the first one's to make nasty comments about my legs.

Renata walked up to the girls and hit the lockers they were resting on and both girls gasped with fear
"If I were the both of you I would keep my mouth to myself" she said in a threatening tone as the tan one nodded timidly but the pale one just rolled her eyes.

Renata walked back to me and held my wheelchair but just when she was about to push the chair the pale blondie spoke or rather scoffed
"Why are you pretending to care, it's all just a bet anyway. At least I'm better than you are"

I was confused and Renata, Viola and Victor seemed to freeze, all the engines in their head stopped and they were static and stiff. The pale blondie and the tan one walked away as the hallways gradually became empty.

"What were they talking about?" I asked calmly

A/N: Vote & Comment