20

April 25

April 25

Pulling up to the building, I couldn't help but smile at all the progress that's happened. They were just about ready for the grand opening and I couldn't be more excited for David he deserves this, the community deserves this. Grabbing the bag of food walking in being hit with the cool ac, I seen Bryan sitting at the front desk.

"I know that not bestiewestie" going behind the counter giving him a hug

"What I tell you about calling me that shit in public someone could hear you. What you doing here anyways I ain't invite you"

"Boy you can go to hell my baby daddy invited me, I came to bring him lunch"

"Ooo what you bring us a nigga starving"

"Damn greedy ass, I didn't bring you anything cause I didn't know you were going to be here buutt since I'm nice you can have mines I was just going to take it home"

"Nawl sis you good gone and feed my nephews"

"Stop wishing that shit on me, but I already ate I got it for your brothers sake, it's curry goat with rice and beans and fried plantains"

"Oh yea shit say less sorry neph unc gotta eat too, but that nigga should be done by now you can go back there, there's chairs out front"

Walking to the back I sat down in the lounge chairs,giggling to myself because these were the chairs I picked and he swore up and down they was ugly. Going on my phone I started looking at dress ideas for the gender reveal. It was bee theme so I was going for something yellow, looking up from my phone hearing the door open seeing Dave walking out with a light skin woman, she was beautiful can't even lie. I remained seated waiting for them to finish, giving them the opportunity to wrap up their conversation.

"Ight Ella it was good meeting you, we're glad to have you join the family. You'll be receiving a email within the next couple days with information about orientation, training and your part with opening."

"Okay thank you so much again for the opportunity I look forward to working closely together. Have a good day" bitch I will smack the fuck out of you.

Once she was down the hall I stood walking right into the office past his open arms.

Turing around leaning on the desk facing him, "working closely huh? She seems nice"
"awe man, you jealous? I ain't thinking about her I peeped the flirting shit before the interview started and made clear where I stand, now can I have a kiss?"
Squinting my eyes at him, wrapping my arms around his waist

"Where yo food at its only one plate in der"

"I gave it to Bryan im still full from brunch and been snacking since. It looks amazing in here I'm very proud of you"

"Thank you mama we just about ready, they coming to polish the floors and shit next week on Monday, the last arcade games should be here Monday too. Then the final inspection is Wednesday then grand opening Friday."