guilty death

SPREADING HIS FINGERS on the girl's face to remove the fallen tears, Mikey began to speak again

" Kill me. I want it all to end here. " Mikey said. 

" You ask me to kill you right after we meet for the first time? " Y/n asked while covering her mouth. " I just...I just wanted to see you again. "

" I just wanted to see you. Hakkai also said something like that the moment he died. " Mikey said.

" Mikey. I would've liked to hang out with Takemichi and Y/n and the others one last time. " Hakkai said and the obvious burning place from the background. 

Y/n can't speak any further, for every moment Mikey speaks about the past she can see it from Mikey's point of view.

" It's hard to achieve his dream. " Mikey said. " Open a new era. Toman was on the right track. And suddenly everything ended like this. "

" L...Like this? " Y/n asked. 

" When I killed for the first time...I didn't feel anything. " Mikey said making Y/n gulp. " And I thought that the difficulties of this world can be fixed with murder.

" All is well when you eliminate those who get in your way. " Mikey said while smiling making Y/n grab his shoulder.

" You are wrong Manjiro! You're...you're still the Mikey I know... " Y/n said while each word is being in a low tone.

" Stop it, Y/n. " Mikey said. 

" You didn't change, you...just stop talking about nonsense like murdering! " Y/n exclaimed while stopping herself from sobbing. 

Mikey grabbed her collar and banged her on the floor and was about to launch to Y/n making her shut her eyes closed. But nothing came painfully except the pain in her back.

' I can't hurt her after all... ' Mikey thought that made Y/n open her eyes, Mikey pointing a gun at the empty space next to Y/n.

A memory of Mikey killing Chifuyu also flashed to her mind and some of Mikey's thoughts.

" Take the gun, Y/n. If you don't kill me you'll be the one to die. " Mikey said.

"...We can't go back in time. " Mikey mumbled.

" But...Manjiro...I... " Y/n said while sniffing.

" N/n, I always loved you since then. " Mikey said while pulling a strand of her long hair and leaving a soft kiss. " But why, why did you leave me alone. "

Y/n's wet eyes widened, and when she was about to speak a loud bang was heard, Mikey's body falling above her. 

" Are you okay, Y/n!? " Naoto asked.

" Naoto?! I thought you said you wouldn't shoot him. " Takemichi asked in terror.

" Mikey...Mikey...! " Y/n called out while she supported its head with her hands, the blood flowing in her arms.

" Mikey-kun...! " Takemichi called out while approaching as and Naoto stopping as from going near but he can't stop the twins. 

Naoto then notices the safety of Mikey's gun was on making him say, " He never intended to kill her??

" Tachibana Naoto. Thank you...N/n would've been unable to kill me. " Mikey said. 

" Mikey... " Takemichi called out while kneeling next to me. 

" Finally...it's over... " Mikey said. " All my life...I have suffered.

" No Mikey! Don't say that we can still change it. " Takemichi said. 

" Takemichi?!! " Naoto called out. 

" We can change the past. We can start all over again. " Takemichi said. 

" I would do anything to change the future. I would do anything for you. So please, don't say such things. " Y/n said while sobbing. 

" Thanks, Takemichi and Y/n. " Mikey said. " Your words comforted me...even if you guys are telling me lies. I'm happy.

" N/n...you're hand is so warm. " Mikey said. 

" Ha...and I love you for the first and last time, Hanagaki Y/n. " He whispered.

" Mikey... " Y/n called out but no answer was heard. " Please answer me...

There was really no answer, only the sobbing of the twins at the ruins could be heard. 

" I...I love you too. Sano Manjiro, with all my heart. " Y/n mumbled while hugging lifeless Mikey close to her.

End

【5 / 04 / 22】

【5 / 04 / 22】