15

something about him was different then the last time we saw each other. i mean sure his hair was a different color and he had more tattoos but he seemed different. he let go and sat down at the dinning table, motioning for me to sit next to him. i instead sat across from him and happily ate my dinner. the other two sat down and started a conversation.

s-"so are you staying here for a visit or?"

j-"shes moving in, i've decided"

l-"im living here until i can find my own place"

s-"what happened to your old apartment?"

l-"i uh sold it when i moved in with my boyfr-- ex boy friend"

colby looked up from his phone with a sympathetic smile before joining in on the conversation.

c-"well, as much as i find you annoying feel free to stay here as long as you need"

j-"im going to persuade her into living here full time"

l-"i don't want to interrupt the whole boy squad thing"

s-"it might be nice having a new face around, who knows maybe you'll like it here"

l-"its nice not being in an apartment thats for sure"

j-"our house is way better than matts stupid apartment"

as soon as jake finished his sentence he gave me a look that read 'im sorry'. sam looked at us confused while colby seemed to be enjoying the awkwardness.

c-"whos matt?"

l-"my ex"

c-"oh, uhh"

s-"nice one colby"

he looked at me with regret as sam elbowed him in his side. i finished eating and waited for jake to finish before i grabbed his plate and cleaned up the kitchen. at some point sam and jake left to go to the living room leaving me with colby. he sat down at the island and just watched as i cleaned the counter. i grabbed the spray and 'accidently' shot him with it.

"what the fuck?"

"what?"

"you just shot me with the spray"

"oh, whoops"

"i don't get an apology?"

"nope"

he shook his head and walked over to the sink to clean dishes. i managed to see a small smile as he walked away which made me smile. about 5 minutes later when he turned around i had finished cleaning so i went to my room. i shut the door and pulled out my phone to play music. i needed to unpack some of my things and hang up the clothes in the closet, plus i was able to get time alone. not even 5 minutes into me putting my clothes away there was a knock on the door.

"who is it?"

"uhh, colby"

"im not here"

"you're literally talking to me"

i just stood there in silence waiting for him to either open the door or just leave. he instead walked into his room and then into mine using the bathroom. he sat down on my bed and watched as i put clothes away.

"i already hate that bathroom"

"why?"

"because you are on the other side of it"

"oh come on now, im not too bad"

"you are, you're insufferable"

"ouch, well if you're up to it sam and i were gonna go investigate this hotel in san franscico tomorrow with kat. you can come with us if you'd like"

"i get to get my ghost on? hell yeah"

"you're so weird"

"im not weird, just funky"

"don't say it"

"funky fresh even"

he rolled his eyes and smiled. i knew exactly what pushed his buttons and i fully planned on annoying the fuck out of him while im here. his reactions are the funniest part which is why i do it. i've been doing it since we were in highschool, so why stop now that im an adult. he went back to his room and closed the door. the rest of the night was relatively calm and quiet, except a few loud explosions coming from the tv downstairs. when i finished putting my clothes away i changed into shorts and a shirt. when i walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth colby opened his door and just stood there.

"can i help you?"

"oh, uh no"

"ok? i was just about to brush my teeth soo"

"would you like me to leave?"

"i don't care"

he stood there for a second before he turned around again and left.

"and you call me the weird one"

after i was done brushing my teeth i instantly went to bed. it was actually kind of hard sleeping in an empty bed, and knowing thats how it was going to be for while made me realize how dependent i've gotten to guys i dated. after what seemed like forever i finally managed to fall asleep only to be waken up by jake jumping on my bed 7 hours later.

"jake what the fuck?"

"its 7am, you neeed to get up to leave for san franscico"

"but jumping? really?"

"its the most efficient way of waking you up"

"ugh, ok fine im up"

"thats what we like to see"

"go away please"

"fine, at least i know you're not a morning person"

i rolled my eyes at him as he skipped out of my room. i rolled out of bed and stared at my closet trying to decide on an outfit. i saw a red skirt i haven't worn in awhile so i decided to base my outfit off of that. i grabbed a black sweater and layered on necklaces and rings to help complete everything. i put on some black converse and decided to just go without makeup, i was feeling lazy and didn't really care all that much. i walked downstairs and saw everyone except colby in the kitchen. kat looked up at me and smiled.

"lillith!"

she ran over to me and gave me a hug. i hugged her back and smiled.

"you dyed your hair!"

"you got a nose piercing! and tattoos!"

we laughed and sat down together on the couch waiting for colby. eventually sam went up and checked on him. turns out he was sleeping and still had to get ready. i grabbed my backpack and put some water, snacks, and my wallet in it. after 20 minutes or so everyone was finally ready to leave. jake stayed behind so it was just the four of us going, kat and i in the back while sam drove with colby in the passenger seat. the drive there wasn't too bad and because we got to san franscico earlier than expected we stopped at a museum. we walked inside and i instantly smiled. i love history and everything about old buildings and museums. i did have to constantly check where i was going to make sure i wasn't going to run into anything or anyone. we spent about 30 minutes inside before we walked back to the car. sam and colby were talking while kat and i noticed something.

"uh guys, i think we were robbed"

they looked up and saw the window of the trunk smashed.