34

i grabbed colbys hand and ran over to the window i shut earlier.

"let me sit on your shoulders"

"what?"

"just crouch down"

"what are you doing?"

"i saw an open window earlier so i closed it in hopes the hot guy wouldn't check it and lock it"

"stop calling him that"

"what? hot guy?"

"yeah"

"why?"

"just stop please?"

"ok, now stand up i need to check if its open"

he walked closer to the building so i could touch the window. i put my hands on it and wiggled it a little bit before it opened all the way.

"yes, its still open"

"what are you gonna do?"

"go inside"

"what? why?"

"so i can scare elton"

"ok, fair enough"

"and maybe find that guy if hes still here to get his number"

he grumbled something but i was already halfway in through the window. i set my feet down on a table before letting go of the window. i could see colby's shadow on the building, and it looked like he was gonna try and jump to grab the window.

"you don't have to come in through the window dummy"

"listen smarty, if you're gonna scare elton so am i now help me get in"

"ok fine"

i reached my hand down so he could grab onto it and pull himself inside. once we were in the building i shut the window and got down off the desk. together colby and i walked towards where elton was hiding. i saw him walking over to the front door so i grabbed colbys waist and dragged him into the closet i was hiding in before. having him here with me made me realize how small it was. our chests were pressed against each other and i could feel his heartbeat. i put my hand on his chest and patted it.

"hes by the door, which means hes getting the others, which means we can scare more people than just elton"

"and here i thought you wanted to make out with me"

"if i wanted to do that i would have already done it"

"well thats a sha-"

i put my hand over his mouth causing him to lick my hand. i yanked it back and wiped it of on his shirt. i shushed him because i could hear the group talking.

e-"where did they go?"

co-"probably making broth a real thing"

s-"thats not too far fetched of an idea"

cb-"what is broth?"

i heard elton laugh at corbins question. i felt colby tense up as sam answered.

s-"its lillith and colby's ship name"

cb-"so are they together or something?"

co-"no, although im sure they'll get there at some point"

i looked at colby who was already looking at me. i could see his face was a slight shade of pink. i smiled and waited until their voices got further away before slowly opening the door to the closet. i could see eltons flashlight at the other end of the ice rink so colby and i walked onto the ice to cut across. its been a while since i've gone ice skating but i used to do it a lot in school so it came back to me relatively quickly. i knew colby wasn't the best so i grabbed his hand and walked with him over to the door the group was standing by. we walked up to it and knocked on it. we heard corey and elton screech along with corbin and sam's laughter.

l-"please tell me someone caught that on film"

evan-"i did"

l-"yess, evan i love you. tell your wife i said hi"

he nodded at me and then filmed us all walking out onto the ice. corbin and i were the only two besides evan not falling over. i looked over where the hockey players were earlier and saw a little bumper car thing. i walked over and sat down in it. i moved one of the stick shifts on the side and it started moving. i drove it out and bumped into colby who just got himself balanced. he turned and smiled when he saw me. he sat down next to me and started to drive it into sam and elton.

co-"where did you get that?"

l-"over there, i think theres like 4 more"

co-"dibs, i call one"

we watched as they all scrambled towards the storage room. colby and i moved around in the seat to get a little bit more comfortable before we started racing corey up and down the rink. elton found the disco lights and turned them on. at one point elton, sam, corey, corbin, and colby were all in the same bumper car spinning. as i stood next to evan watching the guys race he pointed the camera at me.

evan-"is this what you were expecting?"

l-"uhh, honestly yeah. im friends with children"

evan-"you're kind of a child too"

l-"sshhhh"

i ran away from evan and almost fell over but colby caught me. i stood up and shook his hand before running off to find the skates.

co-"i wanna go"

l-"then come on corey"

s-"me too"

l-"party time"

the three of us walked over to a room that had all of the skates and grabbed pairs that would fit us. corey grabbed a helmet and a screw driver.

l-"i don't think you should skate with a screwdriver"

co-"why not?"

he scratched his head with the end of the screwdriver. i shook my head before grabbing corbin and colby a pair of skates. when i got to the benches the two of them were talking so i just walked over and sat next to colby. 

l-"some skates for you, and some for you"

c-"thanks lila"

l-"no problem"

i stood up and waited for colby to do the same. just like i guessed he lost his balance and started to fall over. i grabbed his arm and together we walked onto the ice. at first he was a bit shakey but got the hang of it quickly. once he was stable enough for me to let go i started skating around trying to remember some of my old tricks.

s-"lillith, do you remember some old tricks from highschool?"

l-"uhh kinda"

i picked up some speed before jumping off the ground a little bit and doing a small spin. once i landed i stopped and saw they were all looking at me. i bowed and went over to elton who i could tell was planning something.

e-"i want to have a competition"

l-"then you and corey versus sam and colby"

e-"can you be the halftime show?"

l-"no, but ill judge"

e-"that works"