Chapter 8

Just a quick note to say thank you for reading and enjoy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Guys, I'm back. Get out here I have someone for you to meet” Jenny shouted as she entered the house with Tray hovering behind her.

“Jenny what happened to you? Are you alright?” Max cried seeing the marks on her shoulder and legs,

“Jen! Quick come and sit down, Zack get a cloth” Rachel shouted helping Jenny into the living room where everyone but Kelly were sitting.

“I was attacked by some ugly creatures in the forest, but Tray saved me” Jenny explained smiling at Tray and everyone finally noticed him standing in the doorway. Tray had short brown hair and grey eyes that looked tired from sadness and pain, he had a faint scar on his neck and looked about thirty five.

“The creatures that attacked you are called Laprins” Tray explained, “And they were only young, they couldn't telleport yet” he continued in a deep harsh voice,

“I'm sorry but who are you again?” Max asked narrowing his eyes at the strange man.

“His name is Tray and he is one of the old warriors” Jenny explained and everyone looked at him in shock.

“Jenny! Are you alright?” Kelly yelled seeing Jenny's wounds as she ran into the room holding the warrior book, not noticing Tray,

“River?” Tray whispered in confusion seeing Kelly,

“It's fine Kelly, I'm fine” Jenny explained when Kelly fussed over her,

“She was attacked in the forest but Tray saved her” Adam explained again nodding towards Tray.

Turning around Kelly noticed him standing by the door staring at her intensely,

“Who are you? And why are you looking at me like that?” she asked confused.

“Sorry, You just look like... Maybe I should explain from the beginning” Tray said preparing to tell his story.

                       ******************************************

“A long time ago, almost in a completely different world from what we live in now, I was apart of a group of warriors. My friends Volt, Fury, Sky, Flora and River had the powers to control the elements. We used our gifts to protect the world from the darkness and we did so for hundreds of years.

That was until my daughter was born, you see myself and River were in love and we finally got what we both wished for more than anything else, A child.

“However are joy was crushed, when two weeks after the birth we were attacked. The biggest attack that we had ever faced. I told River to stay safe with our child inside the house as no evil can enter it and River was still weak from giving birth.

“I should have known that she wouldn't stay away when her friends and family were in danger outside. Leaving our child safe she came out to fight with us, but by the time I spotted her it was too late. She had been shot by a poisonous arrow. We tried to heal her but she was too weak to fight the poison.

Before I knew it our child had transported herself outside the house trying to get to her mother.

“You see when our child was born we bond her powers so she wouldn't hurt herself, but when River was killed half of our daughters powers returned to her.

A Shulk grabbed her and carried her away into the forest, I chased him and killed him, but when I held my baby she was stone cold and dead.

It broke my heart, When I got back to the battle I found all my friends dead as well. That was the worst day of my life, I lost both my family and friends, everyone i had ever cared about. My life felt empty.