Chapter 16

Thank you for reading :) and i hope you enjoy <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were twenty minuets left until the garage was closed and Rachel had almost finished sorting through the piles of paperwork in the office, she was silently moaning about her dad's lack of organisation when she heard shouting coming from outside where Zack was working. She quickly walked out of the office to find out what the commotion was about. Standing in front of Zack was his father, half dressed in a pair of worn jeans and a blue shirt that was buttoned up wrong, holding a bottle of beer in one hand and his coat in the other.

“You're a useless waste of space!” he slurred clearly very drunk. “I had to find out from Mr Smith that you got a job!” he continued stumbling forward and knocking over the tool box that was on the floor. “Well if you think that keeping your job a secret from me, would stop me from having your wages. You're wrong” he shouted taking another long gulp out of his bottle.

“Your not having my wages! I earned them” Zack argued, “I'm not living at home any more. You got your wish, just leave me alone now” he said walking away from his drunk father.

“I'm not finished with you boy!” he yelled grabbing hold of Zack's top.

“Excuse me! Mr Wood we are closing up now. I think you had better leave” Rachel said sternly as she walked over to Zack.

“I'm not leaving until I get my money!” he raged stepping towards Rachel.

“If you don't leave I will have to call the police and you don't want that Mr Wood” Rachel said calmly before motioning to the door.

“This isn't over boy” he yelled as he stumbled out of the garage with Rachel locking the door behind him.

“Sorry Rachel,” Zack said embarrassed by his father's behaviour.

“Don't worry about it, my dad will be back next week and he will sort everything out” she soothed,

“Let's pack up, we're done for the day” she added walking back into the office.

Adam was sat at the breakfast table working on his computer while Jenny was washing up the dishes singing along to the radio that was playing in the background.

“Hello kids” called their mother as she entered the house placing her bag on the back of a chair.

“Hi mum, how was work?” Jenny asked as Adam got up to make her a cup of coffee,

“It was alright dear, how was your day?” Mrs Price asked sitting at the table.

“Fine” Adam answered placing the cup in front of his mother,

“Thank you” she smiled taking a tentative sip,

“we left you some dinner, do you want it now or later?” Jenny asked washing the last plate.

“I think I will have a little nap for a couple of hours” she said exhaustion clear on her face,

“Alright, well we are going to see Rachel, Kelly and Zack later if that's alright?” Jenny asked wiping her hands,

“Yes no problem, as long as you've done your homework” Mrs Price nodded kicking off her shoes and taking another sip of her drink. “I have another shift at nine so make sure you are back before eleven” she said standing up with her drink clutched in her hands,

“We will. Just make sure you have something to eat before you go back work,” Jenny said watching as her mother walked up the stairs to her room.